As we enter into 2020, WRAL TechWire is reflecting back on the growth that the Triangle startup community has accomplished in the past year.
It has been almost a year since we first unveiled our exclusive redesigned Triangle Startup Guide back in March 2019. Since then, we’ve had numerous organizations, companies, individuals and even government-run business support programs reach out to us with their suggestions of new resources to include. So every week since June, we’ve been making updates and additions to the guide. Weekly digests with all the changes we made are listed here.
Dozens upon dozens of incubators, accelerators, support programs and networks, events, competitions and funding sources launched in 2019. There was no shortage of items we could add to the Triangle Startup Guide every week—an indication that the community is growing at a massive scale. We also included more podcasts, video series, blogs and other extra resources that are made by and/or for local entrepreneurs.
As the Triangle’s startup ecosystem continues to grow in 2020, we want to continue making updates and additions to the guide to reflect this evolution. We consider the guide as a living document that’s flexible to expand as needed.
So: We’d like to solicit your feedback on 10 questions to help make the guide better. We also want to get your feedback on our interactive events calendar and weekly events column (linked at the bottom of this article).
Here are our questions to you:
- What do you like about the Triangle Startup Guide? What do you not like?
- What are we missing?
- What can we add or change that will encourage you to share it more with friends and colleagues?
- How can we make it easier for you to submit information?
- Do you find the calendar useful? How can it be improved?
- What do you like/not like about our event previews? Are they helpful?
- Beyond our meetup lists, calendar and event previews, what would you like to see in order for our coverage to be more meaningful?
- Would you like to see a startup guide for other regions in North Carolina?
- Did you find the Triangle Spaces Map to be useful?
- Is there a particular section of the guide you think should be expanded? Do you have an idea for a new section?
Please send us any comments and feedback you might have. You can also email me directly or use this contact form. If we missed a resource you think should be added, please don’t hesitate to submit it for inclusion.
More resources: Weekly calendar package
Each week we also break out events coming up “on the horizon” a month out – such as our February calendar listings.
We’ve also put together a list of over 100 Triangle meetups.
These columns accompany our interactive calendar, which is updated every few days with new events held across North Carolina.