A startup in Apex is capitalizing on the emerging Internet of Things to launch a business focusing on maintenance of small business vehicle fleets. True to that goal, its name is CAARMO.
“The Internet of Things is a rapidly expanding marketplace requiring contextual connection with potential customers. We are providing a connection into the ultimate mobility platform (vehicles) and the many small businesses that rely on them,” says CEO Vinay Raman.
CAARMO puts itself in the middle of IoT data at the source (vehicles) and the enterprise network, providing analytics to recommend proactive and predictive maintenance.
The company will be showcasing its technology at CED Tech Venture on Sept. 19-20 in Raleigh.
This profile is the latest in a series featuring CED presenting firms. Profiles are written, edited and published by WRAL TechWire in partnership with the CED..
Profile: CAARMO, Inc.
- Website: www.caarmo.com
- Email contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 501 W. Williams St #1718 Apex, NC
- CEO: Vinay Raman
- How many employees? 7 (includes outsourced employees)
- Link to CED Tech Venture Company Profile: https://cednc.org/company-profile/caarmo
- What is the focus of your business?
Proactive and Predictive maintenance on-demand for small business fleets.
- What is the top pain point/business application you are seeking to address?
Small business business continuity and an improved customer service experience
- What makes it unique?
Our partnership with vehicle service centers tethers small business fleets to a vehicle service center of their choice, while building the responsiveness and concierge level of care the business requires.
- Why should investors be interested in your firm?
The Internet of Things is a rapidly expanding marketplace requiring contextual connection with potential customers. We are providing a connection into the ultimate mobility platform (vehicles) and the many small businesses that rely on them.
- How are you financed at this point?
We have raised $300K to date with money coming from the The Launch Place Seed fund in Danville, VA as well as other private investors.