“Research. Rewired.” – That’s the catchy phrase of an emerging Durham firm that aims to rewire clinical trials. And it’s off to a quick start.
SignalPath, a startup launched in 2014, has closed on nearly $3 million in venture capital funding.
The company, which is making its solutions available for beta testing, disclosed the funding in a securities filing.
It’s also hiring, with multiple job openings.
So what’s the mission of the company?
“Efficient, effective clinical research accelerates the approval of new treatments, helping patients who are often in dire need. Yet technology has not been adequately leveraged to shrink timelines and decrease costs. To meet the challenge, SignalPath brought together thought leaders, experienced researchers, master clinicians, and technology experts to develop critically needed solutions,” SignalPath says.
Its co-founders both share experiences at Duke University.
Kevin Monroe, who worked at the Duke Clinical Research Institute for 14 years, is the CEO. A NCSU graduate with an MBA from Duke, Monroe says he launched the firm “to develop technology solutions that make clinical research simpler and faster.”
“He has built solutions to meet the needs of everything from large, international studies to individual research units,” SignalPath’s website says.
His company co-founder is Bradford Hersch, a practicing medical oncologist and clinical researcher. He also earned an MBA at Duke and completed his residency and fellowship at the Durham-based university.
Hersch, who is a board member at SignalPath, is also senior medical director at Flatiron Health, which is backed by Google. He lives in Dallas.
Gabriel Gonca;ves, who helped build an analytics software firm that was acquired from Infor, is a board member at SignalPath. He is a principal at Rugula Investments, which is based in Dallas-Fort Worth.
According to the securities filing, SignalPath raised $2.97 million in equity from five investors. Minimum investment was $144,565.
Mission and Solutions at SignalPath
From its website:
Researchers face many challenges today
- Increasing regulations
- Increasing complexity
- Excessive paperwork & redundancy
- Increasing urgency
- Poor communication & accrual
SignalPath overcomes these obstacles
- Solves workflow issues
- Reduces costly delays & protocol deviations
- Enables transparency into finances & budgeting
- Keeps research staff focused on research, not paperwork
- Our tools are intuitive, so you don’t have to waste a lot of time learning yet another system.
- Our tools are cloud-based and HIPAA-compliant, so security isn’t a concern.
- Our tools work on any device, so there aren’t compatibility issues.
- Our tools are flexible, so you can individualize the system to meet your needs.
- Our service is exceptional, so we can make you more productive.
The company also is hiring with four openings listed at its website:
- e-Learning Specialist
- Front-end Software Engineer
- QA Analyst
- Senior Software Engineer (Platform)
Find out more at: