RALEIGH – A lot of big names in technology and healthcare are hiring across the Triangle, according to a jobs site from the NC Department of Commerce. Are you looking for work? Check out this site.
NCWorks the statewide job search portal run by the North Carolina Department of Commerce, has nearly 100 career centers located across the state. Users can filter NCWorks’ database by keyword, location, occupation group or specific occupations, minimum acceptable salary, education level, job sources and date posted. NCWorks also has a mobile app on the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
The NCWorks website contains a COVID-19 job board that lists companies hiring to fill immediate technical and healthcare needs in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
North Carolina military veterans, transitioning service members and spouses can find additional resources on NCWorks’ separate veterans portal.
More than 2,100 people added or updated their resumes at the site in the past week, as of Sunday afternoon.
Here are the top 10 Wake County-based employers with the most job openings:
- Wake County Public School System: 2,730 jobs
- WakeMed Health and Hospitals: 1,875
- UNC Health Care System: 1,192
- NC State University: 1,166
- Deloitte: 1,016
- Microsoft: 741
- EY: 651
- Facebook: 572
- UNC Rockingham Health Care: 569
- McDonald’s Corporation: 526
Here are the top companies/organizations by job openings in Durham County:
- Duke University: 2,953
- IBM: 1,500
- Duke Careers: 774
- IQVIA: 725
- Microsoft: 645
- Durham Public Schools: 561
- Cree Wolfspeed: 534
- Fidelity Investments: 511
- Laboratory Corporation of America: 488
- Duke University Health System: 385
And here are the top employers in Orange County:
- UNC Health Care System: 1,160
- UNC-Chapel Hill: 681
- UNC Rockingham Health Care: 532
- UNC Health: 476
- Chapel Hill-Carrboro City Schools: 373
- ARAMARK Corporation: 146
- Orange County Schools: 126
- Piedmont Health Services: 82
- Harris Teeter: 79
- Hyatt Hotels Corporation: 66