More news and information for entrepreneurs to use in building and growing businesses is available from WRAL TechWire as we continue to make additions to our Triangle Startup Guide. The local startup community is constantly growing—prompting regular updates and additions to the guide.
Responding to a questionaire, our readers reached out to us last week to suggest new additions to the guide. Here’s a quick summary of what we added:
- We added two more podcasts and a blog to our inspiration/advice/more resources section:
- The Price Podcast features interviews with entrepreneurs and investors within a range of industries. Most of the interviewees are local to the Triangle. The podcast is hosted by Drew Adams, founder of Durham startup Company 39A.
- Fun With Failure is a podcast hosted by Charlotte-based business communication coach Dr. Alexis Carreiro. The program features interviews with entrepreneurs, executives, mentors, investors and others in the North Carolina startup ecosystem.
- Aaron Dinin (founder of local startup RocketBolt and an entrepreneurship instructor in Duke University’s Innovation & Entrepreneurship program) frequently writes on Medium about his experiences as an entrepreneur. His blog covers several topics of interest to entrepreneurs, including how to navigate the fundraising process, how to pitch to potential investors, how to market your product, and more.
- On our “other funding” page, we added a link to CrowdfundNC’s new website, which went live in December, along with their new logo.
- We also added Alexandria Seed Capital to our VC groups section. RTP-based Alexandria Venture Investments provides seed funding to novel drug discovery platforms, diagnostics, medical technologies and bioinformatics-driven healthcare solutions. The funding program started in 2019 when Alexandria absorbed its former AgTech Accelerator, transforming the concept into a new seed-stage VC platform and in-house incubator (Alexandria LaunchLabs).
Reader survey: We want your feedback
Because we consider the guide as a living document that’s flexible to expand as needed, we’d like to solicit your feedback on how we can make the guide better. We also want to get your feedback on our interactive events calendar and weekly events column (linked at the bottom of this post).
Here are our questions to you:
- What do you like about the Triangle Startup Guide? What do you not like?
- What are we missing?
- What can we add or change that will encourage you to share it more with friends and colleagues?
- How can we make it easier for you to submit information?
- Do you find the calendar useful? How can it be improved?
- What do you like/not like about our event previews? Are they helpful?
- Beyond our meetup lists, calendar and event previews, what would you like to see for our coverage to be more meaningful?
- Would you like to see a startup guide for other regions in North Carolina?
- Did you find the Triangle Spaces Map to be useful?
- Is there a particular section of the guide you think should be expanded? Do you have an idea for a new section?
Please send us any comments and feedback you might have. You can also email me directly or use this contact form. If we missed a resource you think should be added, please don’t hesitate to submit it for inclusion.
More resources: Weekly calendar package
These columns accompany our interactive calendar, which is updated every few days with new events held across North Carolina.