RALEIGH – Here are the ways North Carolinians are encouraged to participate in this culture-shifting #ListenFirst movement of conversations in our state. Learn more, explore featured conversation guides, and join the movement at emergingissues.org/civic-conversations.
How to Participate in Civic Conversations
- Commit to listen first to understand
- Join or host a civic conversation in your community
- Invite your elected officials to have a civic conversation
- Join the conversation online using #ListenFirst and #ReconnectNC
Civic Conversation Principles
- Listen first to understand
- Be curious and open to learning
- Suspend judgement
- Maximize diversity of perspectives
Questions from optional Reconnect North Carolina conversation guide
- In what ways do you see North Carolina connected? How are we disconnected?
- How do you personally feel connected to your community?
- What could help bring people together to bridge divides across our state?
- What success connecting across differences have you seen or experienced?
- What core values do you think North Carolinians fundamentally agree on?
- What issue do you most wish we could solve together, even if it seems impossible?
- What actions can you personally take to reconnect North Carolina?