RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK – Today the Council for Entrepreneurial Development (CED) is kicking off a new seminar series to help educate tech and life science startups on a range of topics relevant to running their businesses.
All sessions are free of charge and take place today through Thursday at The Frontier in RTP.
- MORE CALENDAR NEWS: Check out WRAL TechWire’s extensive listings covering events across North Carolina for this month – and coming months.
The Accelerate Series is presented in partnership with Smith Anderson, Bank of America and NC State’s Office of Research and Innovation and Economic Development.
The sessions are interactive to facilitate discussion and collaboration among the participants. Here’s a quick summary:
- Sales: How to create a sales process that leads to rapid growth.
- Marketing: Covers the multi-step process of bringing a product to market, from testing to initial offering.
- Launch strategies: An overview of the approach for commercializing medtech, pharma or biologic products, covering regulatory protection and commercial goals.
- Finance: This session covers accounting challenges, cash management and the process of building a finance team.
- Leadership: Led by TeachingHorse CEO June Gunter, this session covers communication and priority management for startup executives.
- Retaining talent: How startup executives can boost transparency, establish and maintain their company culture, and increase employee retention.
- Recruiting talent: A session on best-practices for HR representatives involved in the recruiting process.
- Exit strategies: This session covers everything from IPOs to M&As to the post-exit growth stage.
- Raising capital: This two-track session aims to help tech and life science founders choose the right funding option for their business.