Four local IoT companies are set to pitch their products Tuesday evening in front of a panel of industry leaders at a pitch event hosted by RIoT.
The event, held 6-8:30 p.m. at HQ Raleigh, is presented in partnership with the Industrial Internet Consortium (IIC) in timing with its Q1 Member Meeting, also taking place this week in Raleigh.
The participating startups will compete to win a small industry membership with IIC. They’ll present pitches in front of a panel of IIC-member judges.
The companies selected to compete in the program are all based in Raleigh. They include:
- Trilliott, a service that helps businesses track inventory of internet-connected devices in real time.
- NC State-founded startup Aeva Labs, which is developing a hardware unit designed to speed the aging process of alcohol.
- BruVue, a platform that provides real-time tracking of inventory and beer keg levels for bar managers.
- ProAxion, a predictive maintenance system for the manufacturing and power industry.
Both Trilliott and Aeva Labs were part of the inaugural cohort of the RIoT Accelerator Program (RAP) last summer. BruVue and ProAxion have both won top spots at RIoT’s pitch competitions in 2016 and 2017, earning the coveted Championship Belt.
The panel of judges for Tuesday’s program are esteemed executives and experts in the industry. They include:
- Edy Liongosari, chief research scientist of Accenture Labs
- Dan Isaacs, director of Xilinx’s automotive business unit
- Pieter Van Schalkwyk, CEO of XMPro
- Sandy Carielli, director of security technologies at Entrust Datacard
- David Nelson, chief cloud computing strategist at Boeing
- Javier Diaz, CTO of Aingura IIoT
Later on this week, IIC and RIoT will join together again on February 15 for a half-day workshop, Building Intelligent Infrastructures, featuring best-practices and insights from experts and market leaders in IoT.
RIoT’s partnership with the Industrial Internet Consortium for this event stems from shared goals to advance the IoT sector.
“IIC is a leading collaborator, globally similar to RIoT. Much like RIoT, IIC gathers people together,” says RIoT Executive Director Tom Snyder. “We like to support them as a similar organization.”
Attendees of Pitch Night can follow along with event hashtag, #RIoTPitchNight.