Time is running out for entrepreneurs interested in joining the Black Founders Exchange program sponsored by the American Underground, Google for Entrepreneurs and Lincoln Financial Group.
The second annual program for black founders is set for October. The deadline to apply is Aug. 11.
The Exchange is a week-long immersion program focused on addressing the documented funding gap for startups led by Black founders. After last year’s Exchange, half of the participants raised capital and every participant recommended the program to fellow founders.
What participants receive:
- Preparation for an angel/seed stage round raise (less than $750k)
- Engagement in knowledge sharing around the unique challenges that face Black founders
- Pairing with a Thurgood Marshall College Fund intern during the program to support execution
- Focus on Software, Consumer Product, Big Data, Analytics, and Internet of Things
- Must have a prototype or minimum viable product
- Have conducted customer interviews or have beta/paying customers
- Participating founder is an original founding member of the company
- Preference for startups generating revenue
Learn more about the program at: