The Pink Ceiling, the venture launched by investor and entrepreneur Cindy Whitehead who sold Sprout Pharmaceuticals in 2015 for $1 billion, will host an InnovateHER Pitch Competition on Wednesday with six startups hoping to advance in the national competition.
Among the judges is Morgan Spurlock. the star and filmmaker “Super Size Me.”
The Small Business Administration (SBA) is offering $70,000 in cash prizes at the national event.
“We are excited for the wide variety of finalists, and all that they are doing for women and families,” says a spokesperson for The Pink Ceiling, which is located at Raleigh’s North Hills.
The finalists pitching Wednesday night pitching for a chance to advance in the competition:
- NeuroVice, LLC – Developing the first oral device for epileptic patients. NeuroVice also will represent the Triangle in the 1776 Challenge Cup pitch competition.
- Elliegrid – The pill box with brains and beauty, lets you organize medications/vitamins in seconds, set reminders, track history, and know how loved ones are doing
- SiNON Therapeutics – A novel method to cross the blood brain barrier, to treat a variety of diseases such as Alzheimer’s, brain tumors, etc SiNON recently received a $50,000 grant from the NC IDEA Foundation.
- Thesis Couture- A SpaceX veteran that puts high tech in high heels by using science to make a comfortable high heel
- SuperVize – Wearable tech for kids that tracks their location to keep groups together
- Safe Movement – Privately show your verified STD [sexually transmitted disease] status on your phone
In addition to Spurlock, the judges include:
- Bethany Edwards, “The Operator” – The first national winner of InnovateHER, Bethany currently runs Lia Diagnostics, the first and only flushable pregnancy test
- Suzanne Charnas, “The Investor” – Senior Relationship Manager at Morgan Stanley
- Doug Eckert, “The Investor” – Angel Investor