The North Carolina Technology Association (NCTA) hosted the NC Tech Awards on Thursday, November 10, 2016 at the Raleigh Convention Center, recognizing organizations and individuals that have demonstrated excellence in technology and business.Winners included Red Hat, AvidXchange, Stealz, Cisco, SciQuest and other top regional tech firms.
The North Carolina Technology Association (NCTA) is a not-for-profit, membership-driven trade association and the primary voice of the technology industry in North Carolina.
“North Carolina is a leader in innovation, and the NC Tech Awards program is a great way to highlight excellence in the tech community,” said Brooks Raiford, NCTA’s president and CEO. Each award recognizes those who have made significant contributions, over the past year, to the tech sector, community and state.
The 2016 winners are:
- Software Company – Red Hat
- Communications Company – TeleHealth Services
- New Media/ Digital Marketing Company – Stealz
- Industry Driven – Railinc
- Innovative Product – Atom Power
- Corporate Impact– RadixBay
- Small Company – SignUpGenius
- Mid-Sized Company – AvidXchange
- Large Company – Commscope
- Analytics – Red Ventures
- Business Value – Cisco
- Customer Service – Peak 10
- eCommerce – SciQuest
- Innovative Workplace – Martin Marietta
- Tech Exec of the Year – Mark Mahoney – President & Co-founder, Jackrabbit Technologies
- Outstanding Achievement – Michael Capps
- Public Leader – Speaker Tim Moore
- Private Sector CIO of the Year – Steve Ermish – Director of IT, ScentAir
- Public Sector CIO of the Year – Nicole Raimundo, CIO, Town of Cary
- Technology Educator of the Year – Dr. Fay Cobb Payton, Professor, Information Systems/Technology, NC State University
- Tech Woman of the Year – Fran O’Sullivan – GM, Global Operations GBS & NC Sr. State Exec, IBM
In addition, NCTA named the Top Ten Startups to Watch. Companies recognized were: EmployUs, Forecast Health, Lapetus Solutions, Lea(R)n, Likeli, Performance Culture, Smart Metals Recycling, Stealz, SZL.IT and Undercover Colors.