Five “day in the life” videos will feature Triangle startups in a contest put on by Innovate Raleigh and Centerline Digital, a digital marketing agency.
- Bee Downtown
- MATI Energy
The winners, which were announced Tuesday evening, were selected from 30 submissions.The submissions were judged by IR staff and volunteers as well as Centerline Digital.
The films will be released between March and October, according to the organizers.
The organizers noted about each winners:
- Bee Downtown is building healthy, sustainable, honey bee communities in an effort to bring social and environmental responsibility together. [Bee Dowtown’s CEO also recently received a prestigious fellowship, reports ExitEvent.]
- Spoonflower is revolutionizing the way we access and imagine creativity by making it possible for individuals to design, print and sell their own fabric, wallpaper and gift wrap. [Last August, Spoonflower raised $25 million in venture funding.]
- MATI Energy is changing the way we caffeinate by bringing a healthy twist to the energy drink market. [In November, MATI disclosed expansion plans, doubling in size.]
- Practichem is transforming the way scientists work by designing and mechanizing a new approach to scientific instruments. [Here’s a look at Practichem’s growth after moving to Raleigh.]
- Envested is focused on answering the problem of how we connect motivated volunteers with local charities.
The films will make up the Triangle Makers + Doer Film Series, which is intended to raise awareness about the Triangle’s growing entrepreneurial ecosystem.
“We were impressed with the number and quality of applicants; based on the caliber of submissions, it was difficult for us to narrow down the winners to just five companies, however these winning enterprises are particularly inspiring and we’re looking forward to sharing their entrepreneurial stories with the community,” said Jenny Hwa, Innovate Raleigh’s Executive Director, in announcing the winners.
Added John Lane, Centerline Digital’s chief strategy officer: “It was incredibly exciting to see the response from Triangle makers and doers. The entries were great and the decision was a tough one. Congratulations to the winners, we look forward to creating stories and videos with you that will bring attention to growing innovation here in the Triangle.”