ExitEvent Editor Laura Baverman tracked down nine members of the Triangle and North Carolina startup community who journeyed to Austin for South By Southwest, seeking their insight into what were the best takeaways and experiences.
From diversity to promoting the City of Raleigh and UNC Wilmington to touting their own companies and ventures, the group offers a, well, diverse number of views. (See links with this post for WRAL TechWire’s coverage of SxSW over the last week, including two exclusive blogs from Jim Roberts of UNC Wilmington.)
“Despite all its hype, South by Southwest Interactive continues to be the nation’s biggest gathering (ahem, party) of entrepreneurs around—the event that sets the startup community’s agenda for the year to come, where trends are identified, brands are launched and tech celebrities are made,” Baverman wrote.
She posed three questions to the nine:
1. What is one big takeaway from this year’s festival? Could be about an industry, trend, company or the conference in general.
2. What was the highlight of the festival for you?
3. Why did you go and what do you think will come from your experience there?
The nine are:
- James Kotecki, Automated Insights
- Vicki Gibbs, Albright Digital and SOAR
- Brandon Magsamen, CrowdTunes
- Adam Klein, American Underground
- Jim Roberts, UNCW Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Karl Rectanus, Lea(R)n
- Jennifer Bosser, Wake County Economic Development/Greater Raleigh Chamber of Commerce
- James Sauls, City of Raleigh
- Derrick Minor, City of Raleigh
Read their responses at: http://exitevent.com/article/celeb-sightings-inspiring-talks-sxsw-highlights-150320