Three panel discussions about the state of venture capital and other funding sources and a program focused on the assessment of individual participating companies highlight the agenda for the Council for Entrepreneurial Development’s upcoming funding series.
“Raising the Dough” is set for Jan. 29 and Feb. 5.
Both programs run five hours, starting at 3 p.m., and will provide attendees “direct interaction” to “successful CEOs” who know the perils and promise of outside financing.
The events are scheduled at the Research Triangle Park Foundation headquarters.
Registration is required, and there is a fee.
Attendance at the second event will be capped at 100 with priority given to people who take part in the first program.
The Jan. 29 agenda:
- Section 1: Overview of the Funding Landscape: what’s out there, what’s right for us?
- Section 2: Angel Panel: an in-depth discussion about angel funding with angel investors active in our area and CEOs that have successfully used this funding strategy
- Section 3: Venture Capital Panel: an in-depth discussion about venture capital with VCs active in our area and CEOs that have successfully used this funding strategy
- Section 4: Alternative Funding Strategies: expert presentations about four alternative funding strategies: grants, crowdfunding, Kickstarter, bootstrapping
The Feb. 5 agenda:
- Fundability Assessment: a self-assessment to be used during coaching sessions to determine how prepared you are to receive funding
- Coaching Sessions (1 & 2)
- Roll up your sleeves and get individualized coaching from investors, CEOs and experts. Determine if, when and how you will pursue funding for your company.
- Mock Negotiation: understanding term sheets and how to get the best terms possible with Justyn Kasierski, Partner, Hutchison PLLC