Technology, Entertainment, Design, a growing movement focused on entrepreneurship and the spreading of ideas that is better known as TED, is returning to the Capital City on Saturday.
TED’s mantra is “Ideas Worth Spreading.”
TEDx, which is a regionalized version of TED, is set for Saturday at the Lincoln Theatre downtown, the same venue as last year.
Jim Whitehurst, chief executive officer of Red Hat, is among the scheduled speakers.
The theme for this year’s event is “Alchemy.”
“What are the elements, processes, and reactions that turn ideas into reality?”
The organizer say they plan to “celebrate NC’s innovators, doers, and thinkers as they turn their golden thoughts into tangible tools for human expression.”
- Marissa Heyl, Symbology Clothing
- Philip Freelon, FAIA- The Freelon Group Architects
- Jim Whitehurst, CEO RedHat, Inc
- Ryan Finch-Raleigh City Farm
- Shawn Jay, Magician
- Aaron Syrett, Director, NC Film Institute
- Brian O’Hara, South East Wind Coalition
- The AYR Mountaineers, Blue Grass Band
- Steven Burke, BioFuels Center of NC
- AJ Ware, Inmates to Entrepreneurs
- Larry Larson, Larry’s Beans
- Jeff Fischer, PHD, Core Career Resonance
- Dipika Kohli, Author
- Arthur Apolinario, Social Artist
Doors open at 8 a.m.
Registration is available in advance.