A recent Moody’s investor report on the industry’s outlook estimates the net impact of the forthcoming medical device tax on 19 large companies nationwide. The estimates are based on a 35 percent corporate tax rate, or on a company’s own disclosures regarding the net effect of the device tax.
Here are the top 11 in descending order of magnitude in terms of the amount it will fork over to the government:
- Medtronic: $125 million to $175 million
- Stryker Corporation — $77 million
- Boston Scientific Corporation — $63 million
- Covidien Plc — $61 million
- St. Jude Medical Inc. — $40 million
- Beckson, Dickinson and Company — $40 million
- Zimmer Holdings — $34 million
- C.R. Bard Inc. — $29 million
- Biomet Inc. — $25 million
- Kinetic Concepts Inc. — $24 million
- Baxter International — $23 million
Get the latest news alerts: Follow LTW at Twitter.