With $1.5B raised in bond sale and as global smartphone share rises, will Lenovo make more acquistions?
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — Two new research reports say Lenovo's global market share in smartphone sales continues to grow quickly even before its deal for Motorola Mobility closes. Assuming it does close, of course. But the biggest news for Lenovo this week came in Hong Kong when it sold $1.5 billion bonds. Is Lenovo ready to make more deals beyond the Motorola and IBM server deals?...
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- AT&T donates $33,000 for PC training at gigabit Internet kickoff
- Races are on: Hundreds already voting in 'Full Steam Ahead Awards'
- Ultra-fast Internet network coming first to Raleigh community center
- Red Hat sizzles: Stock soars to 2nd highest all-time price
- Will new NC crowdfunding bill ('Paces') bring clarity, win passage?
- WTW's 'Full Steam Ahead Award' field is set; cast your vote today
- Red Hat earnings: Another surprise or will strong dollar wreak havoc?
- Internet providers file lawsuits against FCC 'net neutrality' rules
- RDU's wireless access plunges in latest report on performance
- After 7-year run, NCTA pults hold on high-tech jobs report