With $1.5B raised in bond sale and as global smartphone share rises, will Lenovo make more acquistions?
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — Two new research reports say Lenovo's global market share in smartphone sales continues to grow quickly even before its deal for Motorola Mobility closes. Assuming it does close, of course. But the biggest news for Lenovo this week came in Hong Kong when it sold $1.5 billion bonds. Is Lenovo ready to make more deals beyond the Motorola and IBM server deals?...
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- SAS revenues hit record $3.09B but weakening Euro hurts
- Crowdfunding bill introduced at General Assembly
- 'Bloodbath:' IBM workers report job cuts are underway
- 10,000 phone sales in 2 seconds: Lenovo's attack on Xiaomi begins
- Union: IBMers report job cuts will begin on Wednesday
- Frontier: 'Significant progress' already being made with own fiber network
- AT&T on Google Fiber: 'We welcome additional competition'
- Study: Chatham Park development to produce 115,000 jobs
- Changes at IBM create, eliminate thousands of jobs
- IBM dismisses layoff report as 'ridiculous;' however, Big Blue confirms it is making cuts