With $1.5B raised in bond sale and as global smartphone share rises, will Lenovo make more acquistions?
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — Two new research reports say Lenovo's global market share in smartphone sales continues to grow quickly even before its deal for Motorola Mobility closes. Assuming it does close, of course. But the biggest news for Lenovo this week came in Hong Kong when it sold $1.5 billion bonds. Is Lenovo ready to make more deals beyond the Motorola and IBM server deals?...
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- Is Charlotte really the Silicon Valley of the South?
- Do Apple, Google changes ensure privacy? National Law Journal says no
- New wave of 'undisclosed investors' now powering NC tech startups
- IBMers react with anger, sarcasm at 10% pay cut
- Google offers $100,000 to help startups reach the 'cloud'
- NC high-tech job market stable; more openings expected this fall
- You 'have to be tough' and other advice from Women in Power
- New CED communications exec targets 'galling' lack of coverage
- UNC-Wilmington, two Charlotte 'accelerators' land $50,000 federal grants
- 'Fury' at discrimination drives 'Innovating Women' book by Vivek Wadhwa