With $1.5B raised in bond sale and as global smartphone share rises, will Lenovo make more acquistions?
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — Two new research reports say Lenovo's global market share in smartphone sales continues to grow quickly even before its deal for Motorola Mobility closes. Assuming it does close, of course. But the biggest news for Lenovo this week came in Hong Kong when it sold $1.5 billion bonds. Is Lenovo ready to make more deals beyond the Motorola and IBM server deals?...
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Jobless future? NC Science and Math robotics team remains gung ho
- How can workers avoid becoming obsolete? A Q&A with Dr. Mike Walden
- Raleigh forum's focus: How can NC deal with threat of jobless future?
- At Super Bowl, Lenovo will power NFL's tech lineup
- Startup SoloPro kicks off real estate revolution with own Super Bowl blitz
- Amazon launches one-hour delivery service in Raleigh
- Frontier: 'We applaud' ConnectHome net plan, touts own efforts
- AT&T applauds Google Fiber's 'free' offer to community centers, notes its own efforts to bridge 'digital divide'
- Google Fiber promises free ultra-fast Internet access to public housing
- SAS drives revenue to 40th straight record: $3.16B