With $1.5B raised in bond sale and as global smartphone share rises, will Lenovo make more acquistions?
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — Two new research reports say Lenovo's global market share in smartphone sales continues to grow quickly even before its deal for Motorola Mobility closes. Assuming it does close, of course. But the biggest news for Lenovo this week came in Hong Kong when it sold $1.5 billion bonds. Is Lenovo ready to make more deals beyond the Motorola and IBM server deals?...
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- AT&T, wireless trade groups ask FCC to 'stay' some broadband changes
- Exclusive: Reveal CEO sees pitch to Steve Case as 'fuel on the fire'
- Lenovo tablet, smartphone sales surge as it celebrates 10th anniversary of IBM PC deal
- Exclusive: The pivot of startup StepLeader to Reveal
- Readers weigh in on Uber: Anger, joy on both sides
- WTW biased toward Uber? Here's the real story
- Startups to boost hiring, NCSU entrepreneur survey finds
- IBM, 11 other tech firms pitching jobs to recruits at 'Big Top'
- Crowdfunding bill isn't dead, but will it ever pass?
- Rise of the Best: WTW's Full Steam Ahead Award winners