With $1.5B raised in bond sale and as global smartphone share rises, will Lenovo make more acquistions?
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — Two new research reports say Lenovo's global market share in smartphone sales continues to grow quickly even before its deal for Motorola Mobility closes. Assuming it does close, of course. But the biggest news for Lenovo this week came in Hong Kong when it sold $1.5 billion bonds. Is Lenovo ready to make more deals beyond the Motorola and IBM server deals?...
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Lenovo teams up with Red Hat, offers hefty rebates in bids to boost server business
- Fresh of $25M funding, Spoonflower wants a CFO with IPO experience
- AT&T, CenturyLink to use $42M in FCC funds for rural NC broadband expansion
- Jay Parker resigns from senior post at Lenovo
- Lenovo confirms Motorola exec to lead combined smartphone business
- Lenovo mobile leader asks 'patience' for his strategy to win 'smartphone market melee'
- Losing streak ends for Goodnight, billiionaires; Triangle stocks rebound, too
- Reports: Motorola now absorbing Lenovo smartphone efforts
- Clayton celebrates 'huge' Novo Nordisk expansion
- Cliff Bleszinki's new game is 'LawBreakers' - Here's the video