With $1.5B raised in bond sale and as global smartphone share rises, will Lenovo make more acquistions?
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — Two new research reports say Lenovo's global market share in smartphone sales continues to grow quickly even before its deal for Motorola Mobility closes. Assuming it does close, of course. But the biggest news for Lenovo this week came in Hong Kong when it sold $1.5 billion bonds. Is Lenovo ready to make more deals beyond the Motorola and IBM server deals?...
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Startup warning sign? Silicon Valley VC confidence falls to 2-year-low
- Video: IBM may dump Lenovo's ThinkPads for MacBooks
- Reports: Lenovo smartphone shipments, market share plummet
- Epic Games' CEO: Augmented reality is next really big thing
- Its 'pivot' made, Reveal Mobile raises $750K, looks to hire
- No bull: Durham ranks No. 9 on 'Best Cities for Creatives' list
- AT&T, CenturyLink, trade groups won't cave to FCC net regulation
- Global tablet sales falter - including Lenovo despite hiring Ashton Kutcher
- Is GSK open to a merger? 'A big issue to cross,' CEO says
- Ex-GSK employees facing layoffs at Parexel; firm won't comment