William Lowe, father of the IBM PC, leaves lasting legacy
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — The man who championed the design and production of personal computers at IBM and helped make PCs available to all died recently at the age of 72. His legacy is one to remember....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- China's Xiaomi raises $1B, now has 3-times value of Lenovo
- So what's trending in tech for 2015? A new report says ...
- Humbug! Google delays fiber news until 'after the holidays'
- RTP's new era nears launch: 'The Frontier' to premier Jan. 15
- Nov. open high-tech jobs in NC at highest level in 3 years
- Winston-Salem startup joins fight against Ebola with eData
- Tech giants warn: Just say 'No' to net regulation
- Be fit, be smart: Check data accuracy before buying that wearable for Christmas
- No Google Fiber news today; Raleigh exec 'still expecting year-end decision'
- VCs launch a diversity task force - years too late but better than never