Will Oracle gut Tekelec and slash jobs? Signs indicate 'No'
Morrisville, N.C. — As is the case with any merger and acquisition, jobs are likely to be lost due to overlap among the joined companies or the need to cut costs or cutting product lines - or a mix of all three. But major job reductions apparently aren't coming at Tekelec, analysts were led to believe in a talk with Oracle....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- SAS to add 80 acres worth $11.7M to Cary campus in 'exchange' with NC State
- Full speed ahead at Medfusion despite it's David-vs-Goliath fight with Allscripts
- Exclusive: Why Silicon Valley's IXL is bringing ed tech jobs to Raleigh
- Red-hot August for Triangle startups: More than $65 million
- Cree names spinoff of chip, radio frequency business 'Wolfspeed'
- Attorney: New SEC crowdfunding guidelines unleashing 'a major capital raising tool'
- Why Bull City backs Medfusion: Its leadership is a 'perfect combination'
- Lenovo teams up with Red Hat, offers hefty rebates in bids to boost server business
- Fresh of $25M funding, Spoonflower wants a CFO with IPO experience
- AT&T, CenturyLink to use $42M in FCC funds for rural NC broadband expansion