Star Trek gets real: Durham startup delivers interactive holograms
Durham, N.C. — Visitor after visitor at two recent technology events stopped in their tracks as they encountered PRSONAS - a striking, interactive hologram who welcomed them. While not a full-size moving Data from Star Trek, "Charity" is a life-size mannequin with a hologram head, a very human voice and a touchscreen for interaction. Charity and her follow-on Angeline are the creation of Chuck Rinker, a former NASA engineer and Electronic Arts game director. PRSONAS are now headed to market in a new, even more interactive release. WRALTechWire delivers the exclusive story with two more to follow....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Verizon makes clean sweep in latest wireless testing
- Staying alive: After heart attack, Fitbit inspires me to walk the world
- Why 'skills gap' trainer General Assembly is coming to RTP - and how it differs from competitors
- RTP Foundation expanding Frontier business space
- Generation app gap: Millennials' tech embrace dwarfs boomers, Xers
- Lenovo expands RTP sales force as North America market grows
- Analyst: Lenovo's errors trigger plunging smartphone sales
- Sources: Google Fiber still burying cable across Triangle
- Gung-ho attitude lands Marine vet as first CED Tech Venture profile - Don't miss your chance
- Google Fiber: Network 'one of biggest infrastructure projects ever undertaken' in RTP