Star Trek gets real: Durham startup delivers interactive holograms
Durham, N.C. — Visitor after visitor at two recent technology events stopped in their tracks as they encountered PRSONAS - a striking, interactive hologram who welcomed them. While not a full-size moving Data from Star Trek, "Charity" is a life-size mannequin with a hologram head, a very human voice and a touchscreen for interaction. Charity and her follow-on Angeline are the creation of Chuck Rinker, a former NASA engineer and Electronic Arts game director. PRSONAS are now headed to market in a new, even more interactive release. WRALTechWire delivers the exclusive story with two more to follow....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Lenovo's big $1.35B China real estate project - any RTP impact?
- CED's Dhruv Patel: Just call him the Matchmaker
- CED's 'Connections to Capital' opens new paths for startups to find investors
- AT&T, CommScope, Verizon join 5G group; feds pledge $400M to wireless effort
- Charlotte economic plan could be a blueprint for the Triangle
- NC rises to 9th in VC funding after 7th straight $100M+ quarter
- Industry praises FCC after opening spectrum for 5G
- RTP Google Fiber countdown: Launch dates may come 'soon'
- Google Fiber sign-ups begin in Charlotte; RTP next?
- Analyst: What Lenovo is doing right in US, worldwide