Star Trek gets real: Durham startup delivers interactive holograms
Durham, N.C. — Visitor after visitor at two recent technology events stopped in their tracks as they encountered PRSONAS - a striking, interactive hologram who welcomed them. While not a full-size moving Data from Star Trek, "Charity" is a life-size mannequin with a hologram head, a very human voice and a touchscreen for interaction. Charity and her follow-on Angeline are the creation of Chuck Rinker, a former NASA engineer and Electronic Arts game director. PRSONAS are now headed to market in a new, even more interactive release. WRALTechWire delivers the exclusive story with two more to follow....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- At Super Bowl, Lenovo will power NFL's tech lineup
- Startup SoloPro kicks off real estate revolution with own Super Bowl blitz
- Amazon launches one-hour delivery service in Raleigh
- Frontier: 'We applaud' ConnectHome net plan, touts own efforts
- AT&T applauds Google Fiber's 'free' offer to community centers, notes its own efforts to bridge 'digital divide'
- Google Fiber promises free ultra-fast Internet access to public housing
- SAS drives revenue to 40th straight record: $3.16B
- Report: NC faces 'at least' 70% loss of jobs in 39 categories
- How can cities best deal with rise of robot workers?
- Cam and the Selfies: A mobile data record for Panther fans