Star Trek gets real: Durham startup delivers interactive holograms
Durham, N.C. — Visitor after visitor at two recent technology events stopped in their tracks as they encountered PRSONAS - a striking, interactive hologram who welcomed them. While not a full-size moving Data from Star Trek, "Charity" is a life-size mannequin with a hologram head, a very human voice and a touchscreen for interaction. Charity and her follow-on Angeline are the creation of Chuck Rinker, a former NASA engineer and Electronic Arts game director. PRSONAS are now headed to market in a new, even more interactive release. WRALTechWire delivers the exclusive story with two more to follow....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Seven of top nine senior execs are out at SciQuest, including CEO
- Personal pivot: From venture capitalist to CEO at ShiftWizard
- The AI future: Utopian or dystopian ... that is the question
- RTP's Cloud Pharma tries crowdfunding for Zika, ALS research
- From wearables to drones: How RTP tech firms might save your life in 2021
- Former SAS exec Jim Davis leaves Informatica
- Long-time SAS CTO retires, in 'stealth mode' for startup
- WRAL mobile health event focus: Growing importance of mData to your health
- AT&T-Google Fiber fiber fight gets nastier in utility pole case
- PwC: MoneyTree venture capital report will continue