Star Trek gets real: Durham startup delivers interactive holograms
Durham, N.C. — Visitor after visitor at two recent technology events stopped in their tracks as they encountered PRSONAS - a striking, interactive hologram who welcomed them. While not a full-size moving Data from Star Trek, "Charity" is a life-size mannequin with a hologram head, a very human voice and a touchscreen for interaction. Charity and her follow-on Angeline are the creation of Chuck Rinker, a former NASA engineer and Electronic Arts game director. PRSONAS are now headed to market in a new, even more interactive release. WRALTechWire delivers the exclusive story with two more to follow....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- Wedding bell blues? Not at Raleigh startup WedPics
- Lenovo catches Internet of Things fever - is it good idea?
- N.C. Senate OKs bill with crowdfunding but future is 'uncertain'
- National tech news site Xconomy launches in RTP
- Vivek Wadhwa blasts Twitter's 'proud' response to diversity report
- N.C. Senate gives tentative OK to bill including crowdfunding
- Crowdfunding bill moves - again - as part of different legislation
- AT&T already seeking permits for rollout of ultrafast network
- Latest stats show institutional venture capital in N.C. becoming a joke
- With cities on board, N.C. Next Generation Network is rolling toward first big deployment target