Shock and awe: Thousands of IBMers watch, learn they may soon be Lenovo employees
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — With no warning from their supervisors and only aware of rumors being reported in the media, IBMers involved in various parts of Big Blue's struggling server business expected to either be part of a sale to another company or possibly laid off - or both. Through media reports early Thursday, they learned about IBM's $2.3B deal with Lenovo. At a videoconference in RTP, hundreds watched in awe as they were finally told what their future might be....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- Microsoft paints sunny earnings picture
- Crowdfunding bill moves - again - as part of different legislation
- AT&T already seeking permits for rollout of ultrafast network
- Latest stats show institutional venture capital in N.C. becoming a joke
- With cities on board, N.C. Next Generation Network is rolling toward first big deployment target
- Is IBM-Apple deal a slap in the face for Lenovo?
- A rare look into economic recruitment, requirements: Cary's disappearing 1,237 jobs document
- N.C. Senate committee to consider crowdfunding bill
- NCTA renames its '21 Awards,' to honor winners with 'Beacon'
- Vivek Wadhwa's book 'Innovating Women' hits markets Sept. 2