Shock and awe: Thousands of IBMers watch, learn they may soon be Lenovo employees
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — With no warning from their supervisors and only aware of rumors being reported in the media, IBMers involved in various parts of Big Blue's struggling server business expected to either be part of a sale to another company or possibly laid off - or both. Through media reports early Thursday, they learned about IBM's $2.3B deal with Lenovo. At a videoconference in RTP, hundreds watched in awe as they were finally told what their future might be....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Verizon: Network upgrade doubles download speeds in RTP, US
- What a RIoT! Fast-growing IoT group hires exec director, changes name. broadens agenda
- Source: Google still investing heavily in fiber despite job cuts report
- CED Tech Venture lineup draws 50+ investment funds to Raleigh
- Verizon makes clean sweep in latest wireless testing
- Staying alive: After heart attack, Fitbit inspires me to walk the world
- Why 'skills gap' trainer General Assembly is coming to RTP - and how it differs from competitors
- RTP Foundation expanding Frontier business space
- Generation app gap: Millennials' tech embrace dwarfs boomers, Xers
- Lenovo expands RTP sales force as North America market grows