Shock and awe: Thousands of IBMers watch, learn they may soon be Lenovo employees
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — With no warning from their supervisors and only aware of rumors being reported in the media, IBMers involved in various parts of Big Blue's struggling server business expected to either be part of a sale to another company or possibly laid off - or both. Through media reports early Thursday, they learned about IBM's $2.3B deal with Lenovo. At a videoconference in RTP, hundreds watched in awe as they were finally told what their future might be....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Red Hat sizzles: Stock soars to 2nd highest all-time price
- Will new NC crowdfunding bill ('Paces') bring clarity, win passage?
- WTW's 'Full Steam Ahead Award' field is set; cast your vote today
- Red Hat earnings: Another surprise or will strong dollar wreak havoc?
- Internet providers file lawsuits against FCC 'net neutrality' rules
- RDU's wireless access plunges in latest report on performance
- After 7-year run, NCTA pults hold on high-tech jobs report
- Despite Bill Gates' warning, will world prepare for the next Ebola?
- Want to cut cable costs? Buying a modem may make dollars and sense
- So what do Lenovo executive changes mean to Triangle? To company?