Shock and awe: Thousands of IBMers watch, learn they may soon be Lenovo employees
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — With no warning from their supervisors and only aware of rumors being reported in the media, IBMers involved in various parts of Big Blue's struggling server business expected to either be part of a sale to another company or possibly laid off - or both. Through media reports early Thursday, they learned about IBM's $2.3B deal with Lenovo. At a videoconference in RTP, hundreds watched in awe as they were finally told what their future might be....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- Humbug! Google delays fiber news until 'after the holidays'
- RTP's new era nears launch: 'The Frontier' to premier Jan. 15
- Nov. open high-tech jobs in NC at highest level in 3 years
- Winston-Salem startup joins fight against Ebola with eData
- Tech giants warn: Just say 'No' to net regulation
- Be fit, be smart: Check data accuracy before buying that wearable for Christmas
- No Google Fiber news today; Raleigh exec 'still expecting year-end decision'
- VCs launch a diversity task force - years too late but better than never
- Fiber event shines spotlight on RTP as gigabit era begins
- Shark Tank investor bets $20,000 on Raleigh startup WedPics