Retirement services firm RollOverSystems becomes Retirement Clearinghouse
Charlotte, N.C. —
The Charlotte company said that the rebranding will come with an expansion of services that help 401(k) sponsors manage costs and complications that arise when workers enter and exit retirement plans.
Retirement Clearinghouse provides services to retirement plan sponsors and their participants. The company says an estimated 9 million workers cash out $74 billion each year from their retirement accounts. The firm says that it can reduce these cashouts and save plan expenses.
Retirement Clearinghouse is owned by RLJ Companies, founded by Robert L. Johnson. Johnson’s portfolio includes businesses operating in hotel real estate investment, private equity, financial services, asset management, insurance services, automobile dealerships, sports and entertainment and video lottery terminal gaming. The RLJ Companies is headquartered in Bethesda, MD. Prior to founding The RLJ Companies, Johnson was founder and chairman of Black Entertainment Television.
Log in or upgrade to view WRALTechWire Insider content
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- Raleigh-based PRA International eyes public offering
- Will lightning strike again for veteran entrepreneur Brian Handly at StepLeader?
- Raleigh app developer StepLeader lands $4.4M in first fund raiser
- IBM opens Linux center in China, says it will work with Red Hat
- Red-hot Raleigh startup WedPics hauls in $1.1M in funding
- New Triangle venture capital firm slowly emerging from shadows
- Titans of tech seek to excite UNC, Duke grads about a future beyond themselves
- Triangle politician tries to accelerate crowdfunding; bill passes first hurdle
- ChannelAdvisor seeks $80M, sets share target price for IPO
- IT job openings 28% below 2012 numbers, report shows