Retirement services firm RollOverSystems becomes Retirement Clearinghouse
Charlotte, N.C. —
The Charlotte company said that the rebranding will come with an expansion of services that help 401(k) sponsors manage costs and complications that arise when workers enter and exit retirement plans.
Retirement Clearinghouse provides services to retirement plan sponsors and their participants. The company says an estimated 9 million workers cash out $74 billion each year from their retirement accounts. The firm says that it can reduce these cashouts and save plan expenses.
Retirement Clearinghouse is owned by RLJ Companies, founded by Robert L. Johnson. Johnson’s portfolio includes businesses operating in hotel real estate investment, private equity, financial services, asset management, insurance services, automobile dealerships, sports and entertainment and video lottery terminal gaming. The RLJ Companies is headquartered in Bethesda, MD. Prior to founding The RLJ Companies, Johnson was founder and chairman of Black Entertainment Television.
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- GoGown deal shows power, necessity of networking for startups
- New GSK oncology consortium targets combination therapies
- Fighting hospital infections: A Durham nurse's dream produces the GoGown
- From photos to out-of-this-world art: Raleigh firm's software transforms images
- LabCorp expands gene tests for cancer - but don't confuse these with 23andMe
- ChannelAdvisor: Mobile cuts deeply into PC share of online shopping
- Inside Appia's latest funding deal: Debt beats dilution
- Can Barley's bark win Super Bowl gold for Durham startup?
- Tech guru Mossberg changes gears, praises Republic Wireless
- Survey explodes myth of the poor VC-backed entrepreneur