Quintiles' big data project earns Computerworld honor - and cover
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — The world's largest life science services firm is crunching big data in thousands of ways with the goal of helping clients develop and deliver drugs more quickly. It's also one of 12 winners in Computerworld's first "Data+ Editor's Choice Awards." To sweeten the honor, Q's data team is featured on the magazine's cover. In an exclusive interview, WRALTechWire talks with Q's CIO about the project, the importance of big, clean data, and the award....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- HP takes lead in sever market as IBM-Lenovo deal waits for approval
- Rock this way: Gamers love EDM, so Tilt Music Festival goes electronic
- Startup Factory's warning to Triangle: 'Bar keeps getting higher' for funding
- Two Toasters celebrates Inc. 5000 by paying it forward: A fundraiser for Girls Who Code
- Clinverse CEO: Pharma industry changes mean more business opportunities
- Prediction: Failure to pass crowdfunding, other economic development bills will hurt N.C.
- Inside Inc. 5000: Two Toasters' mobile apps deliver 579% growth
- Clinverse CEO: New venture funding to drive expansion, create new jobs
- Crowdfunding killed in NC; bill backer criticizes Senate strategy
- Exclusive: GroundFloor isn't moving to Atlanta due to NC crowdfunding impasse