Quintiles' big data project earns Computerworld honor - and cover
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — The world's largest life science services firm is crunching big data in thousands of ways with the goal of helping clients develop and deliver drugs more quickly. It's also one of 12 winners in Computerworld's first "Data+ Editor's Choice Awards." To sweeten the honor, Q's data team is featured on the magazine's cover. In an exclusive interview, WRALTechWire talks with Q's CIO about the project, the importance of big, clean data, and the award....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- 'Humbled' veteran Quintiles exec gears up for new role as Q2 CEO
- Will there be layoffs as well as new jobs as Quintiles' Q2 launches?
- The Startup Factory takes its first step toward going statewide
- State to add 105,000 jobs this year, jobless rate to fall says NCSU economist
- A nearly $2B IPO adds to legacy of Lenovo's founder
- Remembering Triangle's first 'disruptors' from 2007 - and warnings still relevant today
- Is your firm headed into a 'Digital Vortex" or sending competitors into a spiral of destruction?
- Mobile apps showdown: Red Hat-Samsung vs. Apple-IBM
- Exclusive: Google Fiber ready for Triangle competition, top exec says
- Google Fiber is here: Construction begins across Triangle