Led by 'master inventor' Ed Suffern, NC IBMers contribute more than 700 patents to record IBM total
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — Ed Suffern, an acknowledged "IBM Master Inventor" who is based in the Triangle, is one of the Big Blue innovators featured in the tech giant's announcement today that it set another record for patents in 2013. Of 6,809 patents, more than 700 included participation by IBMers in the Tar Heel state. Update: We've added more background about Suffern with information from IBM. He's a 1973 N.C. State graduate....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Want a job at SAS? Here's what they are looking for
- Google Fiber halts expansion but 'work will continue' in Triangle, Charlotte
- Allyson Sutton begins writing new pages in post-HQ Raleigh career
- Study: RTP among lowest-cost sites to lure advanced manufacturing
- Report: Pentagon warns against use of Lenovo gear, citing cybersecurity, China
- Inside Charlotte's startup scene: Surging - but with growing pains
- Veteran lawyer: Venture capital 'becoming increasingly irrelevant'
- How to grow a gigabit ecosystem - The Wilson story: A WRAL TechWire event
- A downer: NC's $100M per quarter in VC deals ends
- Triangle fiber wars intensify: Lightower expands Raleigh network