Led by 'master inventor' Ed Suffern, NC IBMers contribute more than 700 patents to record IBM total
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — Ed Suffern, an acknowledged "IBM Master Inventor" who is based in the Triangle, is one of the Big Blue innovators featured in the tech giant's announcement today that it set another record for patents in 2013. Of 6,809 patents, more than 700 included participation by IBMers in the Tar Heel state. Update: We've added more background about Suffern with information from IBM. He's a 1973 N.C. State graduate....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- LaunchRaleigh: A new program to boost Southeast Raleigh entrepreneurs
- Think you know millennials? Case survey runs counter to narrative with Trump, conservatism scoring well
- After Trump meeting, Bayer-Monsanto pledge could mean jobs in RTP
- Birthday (unofficial): The soft launch of Local Tech Wire
- RTI International revenues, work force surge in 2016
- Reports: Lenovo seeking full ownership of laptop joint venture
- American Underground rolls out 'new product offering for a new audience'
- Third VC report confirms trend: VC boom is over in NC
- US sales growth helps Lenovo keep global PC sales lead
- Boom over: Venture reports agree dealmaking drops in 2016