Led by 'master inventor' Ed Suffern, NC IBMers contribute more than 700 patents to record IBM total
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — Ed Suffern, an acknowledged "IBM Master Inventor" who is based in the Triangle, is one of the Big Blue innovators featured in the tech giant's announcement today that it set another record for patents in 2013. Of 6,809 patents, more than 700 included participation by IBMers in the Tar Heel state. Update: We've added more background about Suffern with information from IBM. He's a 1973 N.C. State graduate....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- Is Charlotte really the Silicon Valley of the South?
- Do Apple, Google changes ensure privacy? National Law Journal says no
- New wave of 'undisclosed investors' now powering NC tech startups
- IBMers react with anger, sarcasm at 10% pay cut
- Google offers $100,000 to help startups reach the 'cloud'
- NC high-tech job market stable; more openings expected this fall
- You 'have to be tough' and other advice from Women in Power
- New CED communications exec targets 'galling' lack of coverage
- UNC-Wilmington, two Charlotte 'accelerators' land $50,000 federal grants
- 'Fury' at discrimination drives 'Innovating Women' book by Vivek Wadhwa