Led by 'master inventor' Ed Suffern, NC IBMers contribute more than 700 patents to record IBM total
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — Ed Suffern, an acknowledged "IBM Master Inventor" who is based in the Triangle, is one of the Big Blue innovators featured in the tech giant's announcement today that it set another record for patents in 2013. Of 6,809 patents, more than 700 included participation by IBMers in the Tar Heel state. Update: We've added more background about Suffern with information from IBM. He's a 1973 N.C. State graduate....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- House won't 'concur' on bill with crowdfunding, but ...
- Lenovo dials up global smartphone share in record quarter
- Offering a stipend to startups, Groundwork Labs demonstrates its own growth
- Report: Motorola Mobility sales surging ahead of Lenovo deal close
- Wedding bell blues? Not at Raleigh startup WedPics
- Lenovo catches Internet of Things fever - is it good idea?
- N.C. Senate OKs bill with crowdfunding but future is 'uncertain'
- National tech news site Xconomy launches in RTP
- Vivek Wadhwa blasts Twitter's 'proud' response to diversity report
- N.C. Senate gives tentative OK to bill including crowdfunding