Led by 'master inventor' Ed Suffern, NC IBMers contribute more than 700 patents to record IBM total
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — Ed Suffern, an acknowledged "IBM Master Inventor" who is based in the Triangle, is one of the Big Blue innovators featured in the tech giant's announcement today that it set another record for patents in 2013. Of 6,809 patents, more than 700 included participation by IBMers in the Tar Heel state. Update: We've added more background about Suffern with information from IBM. He's a 1973 N.C. State graduate....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Action! IBM's Watson produces first AI movie trailer (+ video)
- Another round of layoffs hit IBM, including Triangle
- Robotic farms? Ag robots, drones forecast as $10B buisness
- Durham hologram startup adds sign language capability
- Verizon: Network upgrade doubles download speeds in RTP, US
- What a RIoT! Fast-growing IoT group hires exec director, changes name. broadens agenda
- Source: Google still investing heavily in fiber despite job cuts report
- CED Tech Venture lineup draws 50+ investment funds to Raleigh
- Verizon makes clean sweep in latest wireless testing
- Staying alive: After heart attack, Fitbit inspires me to walk the world