Joystick Labs fades as startup hub for videogame companies
Durham, N.C. — Joystick Labs in Durham is fading as a startup hub for videogame companies. John Austin, who runs Joystick as well as Groundworks Labs, says Joystick's business model has changed and it has cut way back on funding for new ventures....
WRAL Local Tech Wire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- Unions call for 'reorientation' at IBM in joint statement
- Red Hat 'supports' new Linux security initiative but isn't a listed funder
- MCNC expands network capabilities in deal with Sentinel Data Centers
- Unions spell out 'demands' to IBM, plan to step up organizing
- Aereo case shows that in technology vs. tradition we all win - and lose
- VC deals surge nationally - but not in Triangle, rest of NC
- With record numbers, international growth, WRALTechWire's Insider turns 1
- IBMers fear more layoffs; Street expects another revenue drop in report today
- Ex-IBMer Dick Daugherty a very deserving Raleigh Hall of Fame choice
- As Google Glass hits street, group warns: Don't be a 'Glasshole'