Internet speedometer report shows N.C. is s-l-o-w
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — How fast - or slow, depending on your point of view - is overall Internet access in North Carolina? How about slower than in South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia and especially Virginia? In fact, the tar Heel state ranks 30th, according to a new report. The data shows new fiber networks can't be deployed quickly enough to satisfy net users thirsting for speed....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- New wave of 'undisclosed investors' now powering NC tech startups
- IBMers react with anger, sarcasm at 10% pay cut
- Google offers $100,000 to help startups reach the 'cloud'
- NC high-tech job market stable; more openings expected this fall
- You 'have to be tough' and other advice from Women in Power
- New CED communications exec targets 'galling' lack of coverage
- UNC-Wilmington, two Charlotte 'accelerators' land $50,000 federal grants
- 'Fury' at discrimination drives 'Innovating Women' book by Vivek Wadhwa
- 'GigaThon' computer refurbishing to help spread net access in Triangle
- RTI study: Facebook's data center delivers huge impact to NC