Internet speedometer report shows N.C. is s-l-o-w
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — How fast - or slow, depending on your point of view - is overall Internet access in North Carolina? How about slower than in South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia and especially Virginia? In fact, the tar Heel state ranks 30th, according to a new report. The data shows new fiber networks can't be deployed quickly enough to satisfy net users thirsting for speed....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- IBM, SAS top 'Magic Quadrant'in multichannel campaign management report
- IBM tells McCrory it opposes NC Religious Freedom Restoration Act
- NC's venture industry reports best first quarter in 8 years
- Report: Venture funding surges in NC thanks to life science deals
- Job growth study: Raleigh No. 2 in tech, No. 1 in STEM
- As FCC chair defends 'net neutrality,' AT&T, trade groups sue
- Red Hat CEO speaks out against 'divisive' rights legislation
- As revenues climb, Lenovo brings thousands to Triangle for kickoff
- Charlotte organizations expand entrepreneurship survey
- Red Hat's CEO turns author with 'The Open Organization'