Internet speedometer report shows N.C. is s-l-o-w
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — How fast - or slow, depending on your point of view - is overall Internet access in North Carolina? How about slower than in South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia and especially Virginia? In fact, the tar Heel state ranks 30th, according to a new report. The data shows new fiber networks can't be deployed quickly enough to satisfy net users thirsting for speed....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- Obama's immigration moves don't satisfy tech sector, entrepreneurs
- FCC: 'Big dogs' will sue any new net neutrality rules
- Forbes: Wilmington, Raleigh, Asheville, Durham-CH are 'smart' cities
- Consumer Reports: Republic Wireless is top prepaid provider
- AT&T topples Verizon in latest Raleigh wireless tests
- Reality check: Next Glass goes live with wine, beer app
- Survey shows corporate progress in embracing LGBT equality
- Raleigh digital marketing agency hiring up to 30 after acquisition
- Appia's CEO plans to 'stay engaged' as $100M deal unfolds
- More help wanted: High-tech job openings across NC surge 6%