Internet speedometer report shows N.C. is s-l-o-w
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — How fast - or slow, depending on your point of view - is overall Internet access in North Carolina? How about slower than in South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia and especially Virginia? In fact, the tar Heel state ranks 30th, according to a new report. The data shows new fiber networks can't be deployed quickly enough to satisfy net users thirsting for speed....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Study: Texting strangers cuts need for pain relief in surgery
- Missouri suspends incentives in IBM jobs dispute; lesson for NC?
- NetSuite exec: Look for many new jobs in Durham after $200M Bronto buy
- Lenovo recalls 166,000 ThinkPad battery packs due to fire hazard
- Finalists in 'Full Steam Ahead Awards:' Competition is hot
- The closing of Raleigh's last B&B and the failure of government
- CEO: Marketing puts some sizzle in the Cree brand
- IBM, SAS top 'Magic Quadrant'in multichannel campaign management report
- IBM tells McCrory it opposes NC Religious Freedom Restoration Act
- NC's venture industry reports best first quarter in 8 years