Bad news for IBM and Lenovo: Big Blue server sales plunge
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — Tech news site CNET says a quarter of IBM's Systems Technology Group, which has a large presence in the Triangle, could be laid off in the job cuts that started Thursday. Meanwhile, new data from research firm IDC says IBM's server sales are plunging, adding to the dire news. Is this more bad news for Lenovo which is buying the x86 server business?...
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- Rank-and-file IBMers pay the price as Big Blue's reboot accelerates
- DeSimone launches 3D print venture in Valley, earns another honor
- Frontier CEO coming to Durham for fiber news; Capitol is first customer
- Why Terri Lomax is leaving NCSU for RTI - in her own words
- Lenovo forming new company in China targeting smart devices
- Frontier vs. AT&T in Durham: Let the fiber fight begin
- AT&T ramps up to gigabit speed, doubling Wi-Fi speeds in Austin
- Gigabit Internet is going to change our world - Are you ready?
- September surprise: NC high-tech job openings tumble 6%
- Blair Levin, a new Brookings fellow, to talk 'broadband nexus' at Fiber Transforms Triangle event