Bad news for IBM and Lenovo: Big Blue server sales plunge
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — Tech news site CNET says a quarter of IBM's Systems Technology Group, which has a large presence in the Triangle, could be laid off in the job cuts that started Thursday. Meanwhile, new data from research firm IDC says IBM's server sales are plunging, adding to the dire news. Is this more bad news for Lenovo which is buying the x86 server business?...
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Duke survey: Finance exec optimism surges after Trump victory
- Joan Siefert Rose's job: She joins RTP consulting firm in January
- Exclusive: Bob Geolas talks new job, challenges, leaving RTP
- Former RTP Foundation CEO Bob Geolas joins consulting firm
- Exclusive: Joan Siefert Rose talks past, future as she leaves CED
- Triangle's tech links to President-elect Trump: Blackstone, IBM
- Entrepreneur Steve Malik aims to take Triangle soccer to major leagues
- Republic founding CEO: 'David' is 'better armed' to fight Goliaths
- Triangle Technology Executives Council's new leader spells out group's mission, goals
- Exclusive: Republic CEO talks growth, profitability, $100M in revenue and climbing