Bad news for IBM and Lenovo: Big Blue server sales plunge
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — Tech news site CNET says a quarter of IBM's Systems Technology Group, which has a large presence in the Triangle, could be laid off in the job cuts that started Thursday. Meanwhile, new data from research firm IDC says IBM's server sales are plunging, adding to the dire news. Is this more bad news for Lenovo which is buying the x86 server business?...
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- Crowdfunding bill moves - again - as part of different legislation
- AT&T already seeking permits for rollout of ultrafast network
- Latest stats show institutional venture capital in N.C. becoming a joke
- With cities on board, N.C. Next Generation Network is rolling toward first big deployment target
- Is IBM-Apple deal a slap in the face for Lenovo?
- A rare look into economic recruitment, requirements: Cary's disappearing 1,237 jobs document
- N.C. Senate committee to consider crowdfunding bill
- NCTA renames its '21 Awards,' to honor winners with 'Beacon'
- Vivek Wadhwa's book 'Innovating Women' hits markets Sept. 2
- Capital watch: Crowdfunding bill in a 'mess;' patent troll bill advancing