Bad news for IBM and Lenovo: Big Blue server sales plunge
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — Tech news site CNET says a quarter of IBM's Systems Technology Group, which has a large presence in the Triangle, could be laid off in the job cuts that started Thursday. Meanwhile, new data from research firm IDC says IBM's server sales are plunging, adding to the dire news. Is this more bad news for Lenovo which is buying the x86 server business?...
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- AT&T, CenturyLink, trade groups won't cave to FCC net regulation
- Global tablet sales falter - including Lenovo despite hiring Ashton Kutcher
- Is GSK open to a merger? 'A big issue to cross,' CEO says
- Ex-GSK employees facing layoffs at Parexel; firm won't comment
- Survey: More Triangle startups to cut spending, reduce hiring
- San Francisco firm acquires Raleigh-based social marketer Expion
- IBM layoffs? Top finance exec sees more 'workforce rebalancing'
- Tech giants keep spending big on lobbying in DC
- 'Humbled' veteran Quintiles exec gears up for new role as Q2 CEO
- Will there be layoffs as well as new jobs as Quintiles' Q2 launches?