Bad news for IBM and Lenovo: Big Blue server sales plunge
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — Tech news site CNET says a quarter of IBM's Systems Technology Group, which has a large presence in the Triangle, could be laid off in the job cuts that started Thursday. Meanwhile, new data from research firm IDC says IBM's server sales are plunging, adding to the dire news. Is this more bad news for Lenovo which is buying the x86 server business?...
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- Mojo from Motorola: Lenovo's new branding challenge
- Uber: No retreat in dispute with RDU on drivers
- New stats: Lenovo would be No. 3 if Motorola deal had closed before IDC released its latest stats
- Triangle entrepreneur survey finds mix of optimism and worry
- Frontier rolling out gigabit Internet in several Durham, RTP locations
- A new 'Frontier' in speed: Gigabit Internet hits Triangle
- Massive SAS building, more jobs reflect Goodnight's enduring loyalty to home state
- Exclusive: Fresh off academic triple crown, DeSimone focuses on new startup
- Rank-and-file IBMers pay the price as Big Blue's reboot accelerates
- DeSimone launches 3D print venture in Valley, earns another honor