Bad news for IBM and Lenovo: Big Blue server sales plunge
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — Tech news site CNET says a quarter of IBM's Systems Technology Group, which has a large presence in the Triangle, could be laid off in the job cuts that started Thursday. Meanwhile, new data from research firm IDC says IBM's server sales are plunging, adding to the dire news. Is this more bad news for Lenovo which is buying the x86 server business?...
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Reddit, Google crack down on nude photos; GSK-Novartis deal nears close; Apple loses $539.M dispute; INC's first results; honor for Quintiles
- GSK's nonprescription diet pill 'alli' back in stores after recall
- Bronto's upbeat update; IBM targets hybrid cloud; Quintiles' new exec; YouTube for Kids half-baked?; Comcast earnings
- Lenovo website hacked; group known as Lizard Squad claims responsibility
- IBM makes $1.5B profit on x86 server sale to Lenovo
- Is crowdfunding doomed again at General Assembly?
- IBM's work force drops by 50,000 in 2014 under reboot
- SAS creates new division focusing on risk research, is hiring
- Slideshow: Why Valeant is buying Salix in a $14B deal
- Lenovo apologizes for adware; feds repeat security risk warning
- Sale won't end turmoil at Salix - look for more in short term
- Epic offers $5M in grants to boost Unreal game developers
- Lenovo: We're no longer installing adware in reaction to complaints