Early-stage innovation-based businesses face a unique set of foundational challenges as they get off the ground and grow. The “Business of Innovation” is a workshop series offered in multiple locations throughout North Carolina that highlights the unique needs of innovation-driven companies, including university spinouts.
Learn from experts in the areas of dilutive and non-dilutive funding, legal and IP, business development, and university tech transfer, and network with successful innovation-oriented entrepreneurs.
- SBIR/STTR program overview
- Funding resources specific to North Carolina
- Equity capital insights from angel funders
- One NC Small Business Match and Incentive Programs
- Legal considerations of setting up an innovation business
- Accounting requirements and management
- Patent landscape analysis
- Logistics of university and business collaborations
- Success stories from local innovation businesses