The North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation is hosting a state-wide missing persons day event at RTI International to bring families affected by the disappearance of a loved one together with multiple agencies to provide them with free services and resources. Stop by to connect with and support other families and friends experiencing loss. All attendees must register individually here.
Organizers recommend bringing:
- Two biological relatives of the missing person to provide DNA samples
- X-rays, dental and/or medical records, and other identifying documents
- Identifying photographs, including tattoos
- Police reports, if previously reported
- A description of the missing person
Who will be in attendance?
- North Carolina State Bureau of Identification
- North Carolina Department of Public Safety – NC Center for Missing Persons
- NC Office of the Chief Medical Examiner
- National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
- High Point Police Department
- Raleigh Police Department
- Winston Salem Police Department
Pre-registration is required. A prior missing person report is encouraged but not required. Additional information can be found here.