RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK — Job openings in the Triangle hit a new low again this week, according to the most recent edition of the WRAL TechWire Jobs Report. The total number of postings fell to 227,227 postings total (not accounting for post duplications), a loss of almost 2,000 postings from last week’s report and a 34% decline from this time last year.
It’s also only the second time since WRAL began tracking this data two years ago that the total number of postings fell below 230,000 and the eighteenth week in 2023 that job numbers hit a new low.
But employers are still hiring in this tight labor market.
JOBS REPORT FOR WEEK OF JULY 24, 2023
Here’s a look at the numbers for this week:
OTHER RESOURCES TO FIND TRIANGLE JOB POSTINGS
Below, we’ve gathered the latest upcoming job fairs, student-centric resources, and a list of Twitter accounts that track local job openings. If you’re a student looking for an internship or entry-level position at a local company or organization, your university has resources to help you get started. Quick links below:
- Duke University: Career Hub
- Durham Technical Community College: College Central Network
- NC Central University: Career and Professional Development Center
- NC State University: Centennial Campus Job Board, Career Development Center and Jobs at NCSU
- UNC Chapel Hill: University Career Services and Careers at Carolina
- Wake Technical Community College: College Central Network and Career and Employment Resources
LOOK FOR TRIANGLE JOB POSTINGS ON THESE TWITTER ACCOUNTS
Here are some locally run Twitter accounts that regularly share job openings in the Triangle: