The annual CED Life Science Conference and the NCTA “Come Tech Out” job fairs are among the highlights on the regional tech calendar.
- CED conference opens Tuesday
The CED’s annual Life Science Conference runs Tuesday and Wednesday at the Raleigh Convention Center.
- Featured Opening Speaker: Bob Hugin, Chairman & CEO, Celgene Corporation
- Featured Closing Speaker: Robert J. Lefkowitz M.D., The Nobel Prize in Chemistry (2012); Investigator, Howard Hughes Medical Institute; James B. Duke Professor of Medicine & Professor of Biochemistry, Duke University Medical Center
- Fred Eshelman, Chairman, The Medicines Company; Founder, Eshelman Ventures LLC
- Bobby Franklin, President & CEO, National Venture Capital Association
- Richard Kuntz, M.D., Senior Vice President and Chief Scientific, Clinical and Regulatory Officer, Medtronic, Inc.
Entrepreneurs and showcase companies:
- 40 emerging companies will be exhibited in the Innovation Room, which is open 1:00 pm-6:00 pm on Tuesday and 8:30 am-12:00 pm on Wednesday.
- 14 Showcase Companies have been chosen to present live on stage.
- 200+ additional entrepreneurs will be in attandence at the conference.
- Brand new this year, a handful of companies will be utilizing the conference as a platform to publicly release exclusive, newsworthy updates on the main stage. These select startups will be revealed at the conference.
For more details, see:
- NCTA “Come Tech Out” Job Fair
The North Carolina Technology Association plus partners community partners CED and Work in the Triangle, will host the next “Come Tech Out” Triangle Job Fair on Wednesday, March 23 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Raleigh Convention Center. This is the second year the spring Job Fair will be co-located at the Data4Decisions (D4D) Conference & Exposition taking place that same week.
“The blended approach of an in-person job fair and accompanying virtual outreach has proven an effective way to connect the area’s talent pool with employers,” said Brooks Raiford, President and CEO of NCTA. “This is our eighth job fair in the Triangle, and dozens of hires have resulted from each one.”
Over 20 hiring companies are expected to exhibit, with hundreds of positions to fill. The skill sets for these openings range from entry level to senior roles in Software Development, Web Development, IT Management, IT Support & Security, Cloud Computing, QA, Account Management, Business Development, IT Education & Training, Marketing, Administration and more. Exhibiting employers will have access to hundreds of job seekers as well as foot traffic from the D4D Conference attendees.
Featured employers to date include CSpring, East Carolina University, Elon University, First Citizens Bank, New Horizons Computer Learning Centers of Central & Eastern NC, Resolvit, SciQuest, Vidant Health, WebAssign and more.
Other events, as compiled by Innovate Raleigh: and from other sources:
March and beyond
- RIoT VIII: Use Cases in IoT – Tuesday, March 1st at 6:00pm at TBD
- High Five Conference 2016 – March 2nd-3rd at Sheraton Downtown Raleigh
- Patent Searching for Entrepreneurs presented by Flynn IP Law – Thursday, March 3rd at 8:00 am at The Frontier
- Innovate Raleigh + e51 Happy Hour – Wednesday, March 9th at 5:00pm at HQ Raleigh
- Southeast Venture Conference – March 16th-17th at Ritz Carlton Tyson’s Corner
- Triangle Tech Breakfast – Thursday, March 17th at 8:00am at Hunt Library (NC State)
- RTP 180: Storytelling – Thursday, March 17th at 5:00pm at The Frontier
- Data4Decisions Conference – March 22nd-24th at Raleigh Convention Center
- EnviroTech Summit – April 10th-11th at CAM Raleigh
- Inaugural InnovateEDU Summit – Wednesday, April 13th, 4:00pm to 8:00pm, in Downtown Raleigh
- WRAL TechWire’s “Full Steam Ahead Awards” party
- RTP 180: Women in Tech – Thursday, March 17th at 5:00pm at The Frontier
- Women in Tech Conference – Saturday, April 30th at McKimmon Center
- Moogfest 2016 – May 19th-22nd in Downtown Durham
- 3rd Annual Innovatours – Friday, June 3rd at 5:00pm in Downtown Raleigh
- 5th Annual Innovate Raleigh Summit – Thursday, August 25th at 5:00pm in Downtown Raleigh
For more events, visit: