A lineup of seven venture-savvy people headlines the annual venture capital forecast event put on by Bull City Ventures. So what’s ahead in 2016? Entrepreneurs, wannabes and investors will want to attend the Jan. 19 event.
Setting the stage will be North Carolina State Treasurer Janet Cowell.
Plus, the event brings in attendees and speakers with plenty of knowledge about what’s happening in Silicon Valley as well as northeastern venture markets.
Last year, well over 400 people showed up. And don’t be surprised if the crowd isn’t even bigger this time as Bull City’s Jason Caplain and David Jones always put on an insightful program (panels and keynotes).
WRAL TechWire is a long-time supporter of the event.
But perhaps most important of all is the chance for people on all sides of the money equation to meet, press the flesh and schedule future meetings to talk deals.
As usual, the program includes discussions about angel funding to big elephant hunting.
“Come hear and meet the angel investors and venture capitalists that have funded some of the region’s most promising technology startups,” Jones and Caplain write in an email announcement.
“They will talk about trends and where they are looking to invest in 2016. Plus, we will have a panel of entrepreneurs explain what it took to secure angel as well as venture capital.”
About Cowell, Bull City points out that she “will talk briefly about the success of the NC Innovation Funds.”
Here’s a chance for startups and emerging firms to find out first-hand what’s going on with that state funding source.
Other speakers include:
- Logan Bartlett, Associate, Battery Ventures
- Janet Cowell, North Carolina State Treasurer
- David Cummings, CEO Atlanta Ventures and Founder Atlanta Tech Village
- Mike Elliott, Managing Partner, Noro-Moseley Partners
- Eric Koester, Executive Director, NextGen Angels
- Todd Olson, CEO and Founder, Pendo
- Alex Pessala, Principal, Middleland Capital
Here’s the agenda:
- 7:30-8:15 am – Registration & Networking
- 8:15-8:45 am – Welcome & Innovation Program Highlights
- 8:45-9:20 am – Entrepreneur Panel
- 9:20-9:55 am – Angel Panel
- 9:55-10:10 am – Coffee Break
- 10:10-10:45 am – VC Panel
- 10:45-11:30 am – Wrapup & Networking
The venue is the Brier Creek Country Club.
Get ticket information at: