Speakers from across the country and companies representing the spectrum of green energy and cleantech will gather at N.C. State today through Wednesday for the 10th annual Sustainable Energy conference.
This year’s them is: “Embracing an Intelligent Energy Future: How Will North Carolina Integrate Economics, Behavior, Supply and
Delivery Strategies to Shape our Energy Landscape?”
Several members of the Research Triangle Cleantech Cluster business group are part of the program.
Tim Fairchild, director of the global utilities practice at SAS, is scheduled to discuss “Data Analytics, Security and Inoperability” Monday during an opening day panel.
Four cluster member executives will be part of a panel discussion focusing on “Forging the Future in Smart Grid Excellence.” They are:
• Mark A. Ascolese, RTCC vice chairman and founding board member, executive chairman of Power Analytics Corp.
• Gary Rackliffe, vice president of smart grid development for ABB North America, a founding RTCC member company.
• Lee Anne Nance, senior vice president of Research Triangle Regional Partnership, RTCC managing director.
• Christa Wagner Vinson, RTCC program manager.
Edwin Newell, director of water/waste water for Schneider Electric, is part of a panel discussing “Energy Engineering: Practical Energy Solutions for Commercial and Industrial Facilities: Smart Grid Efficiency and Resiliency.”
The North Carolina Energy Office is the event organizer.
Keynote speakers include:
- Monday April 15 at 1 p.m.: Eric Lightner, U.S. Dept. of Energy Director Federal Smart Grid Task Force
- Monday April 15 at 5:30 p.m.: Anne Dougherty, director of social and behavioral research with Opinion Dynamics
- Tuesday April 16 at 9 a.m.: Marilyn Brown, professor of public policy, Georgia Tech and co-winner of the Nobel Peace Prize
- Tuesday April 16 at Noon: James Ellis, Electric Vehicle Regional Manager of Corporate Planning, Nissan North America
- Wednesday, April 17 at 9 a.m.: Ty Mitchell, executive vice president and general manager, Durham-based Cree
- Wednesday April 17 at Noon: Cheri Chastain, sustainability manager, Sierra Nevada Brewing Company
Panel discussions will focus on:
- NC Smart Grid Forum
- Energy Efficiency
- Utility Savings Initiative
- Renewables; Solar and Wind Energy
- Policy and Finance
- Sustainable Tourism, Agriculture, and BioFuels
- The Water/Energy Nexus
A full conference agenda can be found at the event’s website.