The Skinny blog is written by Rick Smith, editor and co-founder of WRAL Tech Wire and business editor of WRAL.com.
RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK, N.C. – Bob Young is widely known for his zany stories and often zany antics, but when it comes to the art of the deal the chief executive officer of self-publishing firm Lulu is all business.
Based on his success in helping found and grow Red Hat (NYSE: RHT) and in his experience at Lulu, Young has plenty of insight to share about how to build a business the right way.
He’ll share some of that knowledge at the next Entrepreneurs Series event being put on by venture capital firm Southern Capitol Ventures.
The program is set for July 31.
However, Young is not the only “star” on the agenda.
Attendees also will hear from representatives of two technology “accelerators” – Triangle Startup Factory and Startup Stampede – as well as from a panel of veteran angel investors. To close the program, four founders who have raised outside funding will discuss their experiences – good and bad.
The Accelerator Panel includes:
- Chris Heivly, Triangle Startup Factory
- Adam Klein, Startup Stampede
- Jonathon Perrelli, General Partner, Fortify.vc and co-founder, TheFort.vc
The Angel Panel includes:
- Stein Kretsinger
- Craig Stone, Triangle Angel Partners
- Steve Vanderwoude, Madison River Ventures
On the Founders Panel are:
- Robbie Allen, CEO, Automated Insights
- James Avery, CEO, Adzerk
- Luke Fishback, CEO, PlotWatt
- Taylor Mingos, CEO, Shoeboxed
Registration is required.
(Note: Capitol Broadcasting, the parent firm of WRAL Tech Wire, is an investor in Southern Capitol Ventures.)