One of the better known and growing nanotechnology companies in the Triangle, North Carolina and the nation is Liquidia, which could revolutionize medicine delivery using nanotechnology.
The Gates Foundation has invested in Liquidia ($10 million), and it is seeking development of a pneumonia vaccine right now. The firm raised $25 million in 2010.
So what better firm to use as a focus at the upcoming nanotechnology commercialization conference scheduled in Durham.
Here’s the panel:
“How to Create 54 New Liquidias”
It will be hosted by Chris William, Managing Director, Private Client Group, Wells Fargo and Executive Producer, Carolina Business Review
- Neal Fowler, CEO, Liquidia
- Charles E. Hamner, D.V.M., Ph.D., Chairman, The Hamner Institutes for Health Sciences
- John Hardin, Executive Director, Office of Science & Technology, NC Department of Commerce
The Nanotech Commercialization Conference is set for April 4-5 and will present an international panel of speakers and discuss topics raning from cybersecurity to industrial espionage and nanotech solutions for energy production.
Organizers of the conference are the Center of Innovation for Nanobiotechnology (COIN), the NanoBusiness Commercialization Association (NanoBCA) and the North Carolina Office of Science & Technology.
Topics for the conference include:
• Risk vs. Value: Impact of Nanotechnology Environmental, Health, Safety (EHS) on Business Decisions
• Achieving Commercialization Success: How to Sell Nano Products to Large Companies
• Nano Energy Solutions: Perspectives on Solar, Wind and Batteries
• The Current State of Investing in the Nanotechnology Community
• Nanotechnology Industrial Espionage – How to Protect Your Company
• Nanomanufacturing Panel
• Cybersecurity Breakout Session
• Sally Tinkle, PhD, Acting Director & EHS Coordinator, NNCO
• Richard Ridgley, Chief Scientist at the National Reconnaissance Office
• James M. Hussey, CEO, NanoInk
• Scott Livingston, Chairman & CEO, Livingston Securities
• Scott Rickert, President, Co-Founder & CEO, NanoFilm
• Douglas W. Jamison, Chairman of the Board, CEO & Managing Director, Harris & Harris Group
• Jim Phillips, Chariman & CEO, NanoMech
• Frank M. Torti, MD, MPH, FACP, VP Strategic Programs/Director, Comprehensive Cancer Center & Chair, Department of Cancer Biology, Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center
• David F. Williams, Ph.D., Professor, Wake Forest Institute for Regenerative Medicine
For conference details, click here.