Some of the latest high-tech and life science related news from the Triangle, North Carolina, the southeast and the world is just a click away.
• Ubuntu is spanking Red Hat, says Ubuntu founder. Wired has the details. Read more details here.
• Lenovo plans to be first with Windows 8 tablet, The Verge reports. Read more details here.
• Cisco’s Chambers sees more focus on software, Bloomberg news reports. Read more details here.
• New iPad may be a boost for Tekelec signaling technology. Light Reading examines the LTE signaling issue. Read more details here.
• The “Rock Star” consortium of Apple, Microsoft and others gets the go-ahead to license former Nortel patents. Read more details here.
Get the latest news alerts: Follow LTW at Twitter.