By WRAL Tech Wire
RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK, N.C. – Some of the latest high-tech and life science related news from the Triangle, North Carolina, the southeast, and the world is just a click away.
• Amazon said Wednesday that it will allow customers to store an unlimited amount of music on its Cloud Drive and Cloud Player, provided customers purchase a storage plan. Read more details here.
• Apple has placed orders for key components of a new version of its iPhone, whch the company plans to roll out in the third quarter of 2011. Read more details here.
• The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday overturned California’s law banning retailers from selling or renting violent video games to people under 18 without parental consent. What’s your take on the decision? Read more details here.
• FonePays, a two-year-old tech company, will be auctioned off Friday along with intellectual property designed to be used on the iPhone and Android platforms. Read more details here.
• The first flying car just got one step closer to gliding, and then driving, onto the market. On June 30, the Transition Roadable Aircraft, as the car-plane hybrid is called, was granted a series of special exemptions by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration that make the car operable both in the air and on the road. Read more details here.
Get the latest news alerts: Follow WRAL Tech Wire at Twitter.