Epic Games, developer of the mega-selling hit franchises “Gears of War” and “Unreal Tournament,” launches its first videogame title for Apple devices on Dec. 9.
The previously announced “Infinity Blade,” a sword fighting role-playing game, hits the Apple app store on Dec. 9.
Its price is $5.99.
(Watch the video trailer here.)
Infinity Blade was developed by ChAIR, one of Epic’s subsidiaries. The game is designed for iPhone 3 and iPhone 4, the iPad, the iTouch 3 and iTouch 4.
Powered by Epic’s Unreal Engine 3, Infinity Blade operates in single-player mode. Players advance through training to full-scale combat in a 3-D castle with the nemisis God-King.
ChAIR plans future additions in capability, including a multi-player mode.
Infinity Sword features as touted by Epic include:
• Dynamic Single-Payer Campaign – Spectacular 3D environments powered by the award-winning Unreal Engine 3 bring to life the story of a courageous knight’s pursuit to save civilization.
• Responsive and Intuitive Touch Controls – Players can attack opponents, dodge enemy advances and cast mystical spells to restore health or regain shield strength with a simple swipe of the finger.
• Simple Navigation – Easy to use, tap-to-move controls enable players to effortlessly navigate and explore the castle realm while questing for collectable items such as treasure, swords, shields, armor and other magical objects.
• Deep Role-Playing Elements – Players can intensify abilities through experience leveling by looting powerful items, unlocking individual customization and increasing skills such as strength, speed, protection and magic.
• Imaginative and Powerful Bosses – Multiple bosses, each featuring unique abilities and varying attacks, escalate in difficulty with the story’s progression.
• Game Center Integration – Players can battle friends or challenge new foes via matchmaking while tracking achievements in the all-new iOS multiplayer gaming system.
• Downloadable Content – Game updates will feature multiplayer mode in addition to new weapons, environments and enemy bosses.
Get the latest news alerts: Follow LTW at Twitter.