Get the latest news alerts: at Twitter.
Local Tech Wire
RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK, N.C. – The is partnering with and the UNC system’s Good Laboratory Practice Bioanalytical Facility to launch the N.C. Biomedical Innovation Network.
The purpose of the network is to provide what the group calls a “full-service contract research network” for development and commercialization of drugs, biotechnology products and medical devices.
Its backers also plan to seek other preclinical research and development partners in North Carolina as well as other countries.
To help launch its efforts, the network will host a symposium on Feb. 26 beginning at 8:30 a.m. at The Hamner in RTP. ()
• Richard Stack, M.D., SyneCor, LLC
• Tim Bertram, D.V.M., Ph.D., Tengion
• Alison Harrill, Ph.D., The Hamner-UNC Institute for Drug Safety Sciences
• Howard McLeod, PharmD, UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy
• Bill Zamboni, PharmD, Ph.D., UNC Eschelman School of Pharmacy
• Brian Booth, Ph.D., Food and Drug Administration
SynecorLabs is based in RTP and focuses on large animal preclinical research group.