UNC-Chapel Hill’s Kenan-Flagler Business School is one of eight teams from universities across the country and Europe will journey to Chapel Hill for the 12th
The teams are made up of MBA students at each school.
The event is set for April 16-18 at UNC-CH.
The finalists were winners in regional contests earlier this month and in February.
The VCIC competition is not a business plan event. Rather, teams play the role of a venture capital firm as they review:
• Read real business plans from entrepreneurs currently seeking VC funding
• Watch entrepreneurs "road-show" pitches
• Sit down one-on-one with each entrepreneur
• Choose a deal (one venture to invest in)
• Negotiate a term sheet with that entrepreneur
• Sit down one-on-one with VCs for feedback
The UNC-CH team won the Southeast competition on Feb. 20. Duke finished second.
Other regional winners were:
Silicon Valley – Washington
Mountain – Chicago
New England – Dartmouth
West – Colorado
Mid-Atlantic – Indiana
Northeast – MIT
Europe – Oxford
MIT won the event last year.