Anne McClelland, an executive with Microsoft, will serve as chairman of the board for the North Carolina Technology Association in 2008.
The selection of McClelland, who is based in North Carolina, was announced at the trade association’s annual meeting in Cary on Friday. McClelland is senior director of worldwide industry channel strategy and business development at Microsoft.
NCTA also added two members to its board: Don Haile, a venture partner with Fidelity Investments, and Edgar Murphy, a Nortel community relations executive.
Other members of the NCTA executive committee for 2008 include:
• David Jones, Peak 10 – Vice Chairman
• Bob Hawkins, EMC Corporation – Immediate Past Chairman
• Cal Hackeman, Grant Thornton – Treasurer
• Larry Robbins, Wyrick Robbins Yates & Ponton LLP – Secretary
• Herb Crenshaw, AT&T – Vice President, Public Policy
• Randy Fraser, Time Warner Cable – Vice President, Knowledge Workforce
• Darleen Johns, Alphanumeric Systems, Inc. – Vice President, Executive
• Engagement Nick Kottyan, DataChambers, LLC – Vice President, Membership
• Dede Ramoneda, Progress Energy – Vice President, At Large
• Cecil Smith, First Charter Bank – Vice President, At Large
• Mike McCoy, Alston & Bird – Vice President, At Large