Twenty-four companies from across the southeast, including several from North Carolina, have been selected to present to potential investors at the annual Southeast BIO Investor Forum.
The ninth annual event is set for Nov. 7-8 at the Pinehurst Resort in Pinehurst, NN.C.
The presenters were evenly split between early-stage and later-stage companies.
Firms from North and South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama and Florida cracked the list.
“Once again SEBIO has assembled an outstanding group of life science companies to present at the conference,” said David Pierson, co-chairman of the SEBIO Investor Forum selection committee and a venture capitalist at Intersouth Partners in Durham, N.C. He is part of Intersouth’s life science practice. “These companies are raising funds to help them pursue a wide range of business opportunities which investors will find compelling."
SEBIO is a trade group focused on growing the life science and biotech economy across the region.
“We received a large number of highly qualified applications this year for companies wanting to participate in the conference,” said Stephanie Adams, SEBIO’s executive director. “We are happy to report that nearly a third of the companies listed below are from the medical device sector, which is a substantial increase over previous years and reflects an overall trend in the industry.”
The event will feature an “Early-Stage Shootout” that will include four early-stage presenters. The four will be selected by an advisory team to make 10-minute presentations to the full conference.
Later-stage companies are:
• Abeome Corporation (Athens, GA)
• Altor Bioscience Corporation (Miramar, FL)
• Biofisica, Inc. (Duluth, GA)
• Cognosci, Inc. (Research Triangle Park, NC)
• Ercole Biotech (Research Triangle Park, NC)
• InnerPulse Inc. (Raleigh, NC)
• Integrated Oncology Solutions, Inc. (IOS) (Raleigh, NC)
• Metastatix, Inc. (Tucker, GA)
• NovaMin Technology Inc. (Alachua, FL)
• TIKVAH Therapeutics, Inc. (Atlanta, GA)
• Transfusion & Transplantation Technologies LLC ("3Ti") (Atlanta, GA)
• Xhale Diagnostics, Inc. (Gainesville, FL)
Early-stage companies are:
• Agenta Biotechnologies, Inc. (Birmingham, AL)
• CorSynergy, Inc. (Atlanta, GA)
• Filtara, Inc. (Cary, NC)
• FirstString Research, Inc. (Charleston, SC)
• Jenken Biosciences, Inc. (Research Triangle Park, NC)
• Nanovector (Raleigh, NC)
• Oncogenomics (Durham, NC)
• Optima Neuroscience, Inc. (Gainesville, FL)
• Transgeneron Therapeutics, Inc. (Gainesville, FL)
• Velocity Medical Solutions, LLC (Atlanta, GA)
• Visioneering Corporation (Roswell, GA)
• Transbarrier Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Tuscaloosa, AL)