Nine start-up companies from across North Carolina will get a chance to meet with potential investors at the Council for Entrepreneurial Development’s “Opportunity Conference.”
The “Start-up Speed Dating” program is designed to help very early-stage company executives to talk with venture capitalists and angel investors.
The fifth annual Opportunity event is set for Sept. 10-11 at Wrightsville Beach, N.C.
Picked to present by the CED selection committee were:
• blue dog Network (Bolivia, N.C., www.bluedognetwork.com)
• Compliancy Software (Sanford, N.C., www.compliancysoftware.com)
• Fair Market Valuations (Holly Springs, N.C., www.fairmarketvaluations.com)
• Filtara (Cary, N.C.)
• Intrepid Media (Chapel Hill, N.C., www.intrepidmedia.net)
• Manufacturing Analysis, Inc. (Carrboro, N.C.)
• MojoMyLife (Raleigh, N.C.)
• RxNetServices, LLC (Greensboro, N.C., www.rxnetservices.com)
• The Sportsbone (Wrightsville Beach, N.C., www.thesportsbone.com)
“Start-up Speed Dating gives investors the chance to learn about the latest innovative pre-seed companies from across the region.” said CED President Monica Doss. “The nine start-up companies chosen to participate represent the freshest and most innovative ideas in a wide range of industries – from nanotechnology to software.”
The conference will include a variety of panel discussions, workshops and guest speakers.
Later-stage startup ventures also will be on hand seeking investors.