RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK, N.C.- The Council for Entrepreneurial Development’s annual technology conference will include a variety of technology and life science firms, with the first 14 selections coming from North Carolina, Virginia and Florida.
“Tech 2007” is set for Oct. 10 and 11 at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill’s Friday Center.
The conference will include 35 participating companies that will display their technology. The event will also include a variety of panel discussions and guest speakers.
The first 14 companies are:
• AP Solutions Inc. (Cary, N.C., www.aplasmasolution.com)
• Calyptix Security Corporation (Charlotte, N.C., www.calyptix.com)
• C Change Surgical LLC (Winston-Salem, N.C., www.cchangesurgical.com)
• Grancrete Inc. (Durham, N.C., www.grancrete.net)
• LOC-AID Technologies Inc. (Boca Raton, Fla., www.loc-aid.net)
• Magnus Health Portal (Raleigh, N.C., www.magnushealthportal.com)
• Modality LLC (Durham, N.C., www.modalitylearning.com)
• NovaVision Inc. (Boca Raton, Fla. www.novavision.com)
• ParagonDx LLC formerly Gentris Diagnostics Inc. (Morrisville, N.C., www.ParagonDx.com)
• PogoHealth (Cary, N.C., www.pogohealth.com)
• Potomac Photonics (Lanham, Md., www.potomac-laser.com)
• TIRF Technologies Inc. (Morrisville, N.C., www.tirftechnologies.com)
• Yap Inc. (Charlotte, N.C., www.yapme.com)
• Zua Scene (Glen Allen, Va. www.zuascene.com)
“The first group of demo selections demonstrates the growing diversity of emerging technologies, not only in our own region, but from across the Southeast and Mid-Atlantic,” said CED President Monica Doss in a statement. “The level of innovation these companies bring to the table is something all those attending the conference can appreciate.”