Topics ranging from growth opportunities in biotech to using Web 2.0 tools for marketing are among the highlights for the “Opporunity 2007” conference next month.
The annual Council for Entrepreneurial Development event is set for Sept. 10-11 at Wrightsville Beach.
The event will feature programs, speakers and events geared to entrepreneurs, investors and venture capital opportunities/
Panel discussions will include:
• Emerging High-Growth Opportunities for Biotechnology in North Carolina – Sept. 10, 2007 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
• Branding & Design of New Products: Using Both Halves of Your Brain – Sept. 11, 2007 from 10:20 a.m. to 11:50 a.m.
• Views from the Top: How to Navigate the Early Stages – Sept. 11, 2007 from 10:20 a.m. to 11:50 a.m.
• Using Web 2.0 to Leverage Your Company’s Marketing – Sept. 11, 2007 from 1:30 p.m. to 3 p.m.
• Building Innovation: Entrepreneurship in Real Estate – Sept. 11, 2007 from 1:30 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Among the panelists are
• Ryan Allis, president and CEO, iContact
• Richard Brasser, CEO, Targeted Golf
• Mike Duncan, CEO, Sage Island, Inc.
• Jeff Gregory, CEO and chief brand strategist, Brand Counsel, LLC
• Chad Paul, partner, Harbor Island Partners, LLC
• Scott Sullivan, general partner, Cameron Properties
• Randall Johnson, director, Southeastern Office, North Carolina Biotechnology Center
• Brian Eckel, co-founder, Cape Fear Commercial
• Jeff LeRose, president, Research Triangle Software
• Shimone Shuemli, ISDA, founder, Touch360
“Opportunity 2007 explores North Carolina’s rich and diverse entrepreneurial economy,” said CED President Monica Doss. “The panel discussions at this year’s conference will appeal to entrepreneurs and investors from a broad spectrum of industries – from biofuels and real-estate to e-commerce and natural products.”