New research from Cutting Edge Information shows that while companies in the financial services sector continue to export call center duties overseas, some are finding their way back stateside.
Cutting Edge says N.C. Gov. Mike Easley is trying to make a statement by moving a state-funded call center back from India. CitiCards also has chosen to locate a call center in North Carolina, making up a large portion of the 2,000 new call center jobs coming to the state.
As technology continues to improve call center productivity, Cutting Edge says the financial services industry is constantly looking for ways to have call centers add bottom-line value.
In the Durham-based firm’s study, “Managing Financial Services Call Centers,” budget and staffing metrics are available, as well as strategies and tactics to enhance overall call center efficiency and boost customer satisfaction.
The report also reveals that financial services call centers that master cross-selling and up-selling tactics positively impact bottom-line revenue, Cutting Edge says.
“Setting up a low-cost call center is a challenge in itself, as is designing one that enables agents to sell effectively,” says Elio Evangelista, a senior analyst at Cutting Edge. “Datamonitor estimates that labor accounts for 64 percent of call center costs, leaving managers with only the remaining 36 percent to work with when purchasing new equipment and meeting any additional overhead costs.”
The Cutting Edge study concludes that in order to recoup investments and generate new revenue, call center managers must implement cross-selling and up-selling strategies. Often, the report states, linking web-based and call center applications provides reps with new information to offer new services to existing customers.
Cutting Edge: www.cuttingedgeinfo.com