Finding means of financing biotech and life science ventures is among a host of subjects for discussion at Biotech 2003. The day-long event is scheduled for May 21 at the Sheraton Imperial in RTP.
“Creative Financing in the Current Environment” will be moderated by Christy Shaffer, chief executive officer of Inspire Pharmaceuticals. Also on the panel are:
- Scott Beardsley, Managing Director, Health Care Group, USBancorp Piper Jaffray
- Clint G. “Skip” Dederick, Jr., Chairman, CEO and President, Merix Bioscience, Inc.
- Terry McGuire, Co-founder and Managing General Partner, Polaris Venture Partners
- Ed Torres, Principal, Lilly BioVentures
- Peter F. Young, President and CEO, AlphaVax, Inc.
For information, visit: www.cednc.org/biotech/2003