STI Knowledge closed on $14 million in venture capital in the latest VC deal to be announced in Georgia this year.
The amount is the second largest, ranking behind the $15.5 million raised by Prenova.
Eight deals have generated $60 million in all.
Georgia is still off the pace of 2002 when 15 deals worth $150 million were closed by March 16.
Here’s LTW’s weekly list, which will be updated and published each Monday:
Deal size; company; focus; location; investors:
1. $15.5 million; Prenova; services; Atlanta; Frontenac, Austin Ventures, River Cities Capital.
2. $14 million; STI Knowledge; software and services; Atlanta; Satish Sanan (individual), BV-Cornerstone Ventures LP, Mellon Ventures; first.
3. $11 million; nuBridges; software; Atlanta; C&B Capital, GMT Capital, Noro-Moseley, hf Flagship Investments, Tycho and Marie Hawle Foundation plus 24 individuals.
4. $6.2 million; Brickstream Corporation; software; Columbia Capital and Mohr Davidow Ventures; 1st
5. $5 million; Lancope; security; Atlanta; HIG Ventures, GMG Capital Partners; 2nd
6. $3.3 million; Q1 Labs; Atlanta; software; Business Development Bank of Canada, New Brunswick Investment Management Corp.; 1st
7. $3 million; Flexlight; Atlanta; optics/networking; Coral Ventures, Concord Ventures; 2nd
8. $2.1 million; Qcept; Atlanta; manufacturing; Pittco Capital Partners, Atlanta Technology Ventures, Bergman & Associates.