WILMINGTON,Entrepreneurship in Eastern North Carolina will be showcased on Thursday and Friday when the Coastal Entrepreneurial Council hosts a conference.
“Opportunity 2003: Business Begins Where the Ocean Ends” is the theme for the event. And the CEC is bringing in several speakers to highlight the program.
- Bill Raduchel, former chief technology officer of AOL Time Warner and chief science officer at Sun Microsystems
- Howard Lee, founder and chief operating officer of NanoOpto
- Marina Donohoe, Enterprise Ireland, CEO Americas
- Maria Gotsch, senior vice president of the New York City Investment Fund and president of Civic Capital Corporation
- Richard Moore, North Carolina state treasurer
- Jim Fain, North Carolina Department of Commerce secretary
Seminars will focus on themes such as secrets for startup success, legal issues, choosing the right investors, doing business in Wilmington, opportunities to work with the film industry based in Wilmington, and structuring creative deals.
The program also includes five “Meet the Entrepreneur” sessions where executives of Wilmington area high-tech firms such as TalkingNets and I2FX will be introduced.
The CEC was founded in 1995.
For more information, call (910) 452-0006 or visit the CEC’s web site: www.cec-nc.org/opportunity2003