With cities on board, N.C. Next Generation Network is rolling toward first big deployment target
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — When the Town of Carrboro inked its agreement with AT&T for deployment of a fiber network, the North Carolina Next Generation Network's goal of bringing ultrafast Internet service took a huge step toward network workout. The next big date: Oct. 1 as NCNGN and partners identify where they want AT&T to provide free net access. But Google Fiber remains an option. WRAL TechWire Insiders get the details....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Think you know millennials? Case survey runs counter to narrative with Trump, conservatism scoring well
- After Trump meeting, Bayer-Monsanto pledge could mean jobs in RTP
- Birthday (unofficial): The soft launch of Local Tech Wire
- RTI International revenues, work force surge in 2016
- Reports: Lenovo seeking full ownership of laptop joint venture
- American Underground rolls out 'new product offering for a new audience'
- Third VC report confirms trend: VC boom is over in NC
- US sales growth helps Lenovo keep global PC sales lead
- Boom over: Venture reports agree dealmaking drops in 2016
- Fast-growing Walk West agency adds another firm in 'digital first' strategy