With cities on board, N.C. Next Generation Network is rolling toward first big deployment target
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — When the Town of Carrboro inked its agreement with AT&T for deployment of a fiber network, the North Carolina Next Generation Network's goal of bringing ultrafast Internet service took a huge step toward network workout. The next big date: Oct. 1 as NCNGN and partners identify where they want AT&T to provide free net access. But Google Fiber remains an option. WRAL TechWire Insiders get the details....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- First WRAL TechWire Hall of Famers: Five pillars of NC's tech success
- Why Red Hat's new CFO left IBM - and what he likes better
- Eric Shander's journey: From IBM to Red Hat, chief accounting officer to CFO
- Datathon at Duke offers big talent recruiting opportunity, says former Red Hat exec
- 'Life is more than self'- The driver for 2017 WRAL TechWire awards
- SEC's big 'fake news' crackdown shows a major threat to readers, investors
- Falling US sales help tumble Lenovo from No. 1 PC sales ranking
- Lenovo topples Apple as No. 1 in Laptop Magazine rankings
- Pray Facebook's new AI Messenger (M) is better than auto correct
- Lenovo server group rebounds in cloud IT sales; Cisco, NetApp surge; IBM slips